Deploying and Managing Azure Virtual Machines
What you'll learn
- How to Deploy and Manage Windows Virtual Machines in Azure
- How to Deploy and Manage Linux Virtual Machines in Azure
- All Demos Use the Latest Azure Portal User Interface
- Learn How to Completely Deploy and Manage Azure VMs in 3 Hours
- Learn the Difference Between Availability Sets and Availability Zones
- Learn About the Different Azure VM SLAs
- Learn How to Snapshot, Backup, and Restore Azure VMs
- Learn How to Use Extensions to Install Endpoint Protection on VMs
- Basic computing / Azure knowledge would be helpful
- To follow along with the exercises, you'll need access to a Free or Paid Microsoft Azure account
Deploying and Managing Azure Virtual Machines is a 3-hour demo-heavy course that's designed to be the "next step" for those who have completed my AZ-900 course, entitled "AZ-900 Exam Prep: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals". However, it's also a fantastic course on its own - and it teaches the student how to deploy and manage Azure virtual machines using the Azure portal.
While it's been designed as a next step for those who have taken my own AZ-900 course, this course serves as a fantastic complement to really any other AZ-900 course you may have taken, as well. As a matter of fact, this course also helps students prepare for the AZ-103 and AZ-104 exam as well.
If you enroll in this course right now, you'll learn the following:
What a virtual machine is and when to use it
The difference between Availability Sets and Availability Zones
What Azure VM SLAs are available
How to deploy and configure Windows and Linux virtual machines
How to connect to a Windows VM via RDP
How to use PuttyGen and Putty to connect to a Linux VM via SSH
How to start, stop, restart, redeploy, and resize a VM
How to add and remove data disks
How to snapshot VMs and deploy new VMs from snapshots
How to create VM images and create new VMs from images
How to add and remove virtual NICs
How to tag virtual machines
How to install software on a VM with extensions
How to enable VMs for Insights
How to backup and restore a VM with Azure Backup
If you've recently completed an AZ-900 course, this technical hands-on course is the perfect next step for you.
Who this course is for:
- IT Professionals who would like to get their feet wet with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Students who have completed my AZ-900 Exam-Prep Course and would like to take the next step
Tom Mitchell is a 25+ year veteran of the IT Industry. After spending the last two decades as a Senior Engineer and Solutions Architect for several organizations, including national, international, and global enterprises, Tom now focuses on teaching and providing freelance IT consulting and solution design services for organizations around the world.
Tom's specialties include Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, and Messaging (Exchange & Exchange Online).
Tom is the founder of labITout, is the author of The Azure PowerShell Quick Start Guide, and he has trained over 100,000 students in over 200 countries.
Click the LinkedIn button over there on the left to connect with him. Better yet, enroll in one of his courses today!
labITout is a new way to sharpen your IT skillset while making your day-to-day job as an IT professional easier. We teach you how to deploy specific IT solutions, while providing you with deployment documentation that you can use to streamline your projects.
The mission of labITout is to help IT professionals learn new skills while reducing IT project deployment timelines and improving deployment results for organizations through expert-level tutorials, video labs, and complete ready-made project documentation.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
Instead of offering garden variety IT courses, labITout offers real-world guidance for engineers and organizations that are implementing solutions. We offer complete, step-by-step deployment tutorials, along with complete project documentation that isn’t available anywhere else.