Deploy application on a Hybrid Cloud using Google Kubernetes
What you'll learn
- Hands on experience with some of the top modern cloud tools
- Understand how OnPrem resources interact with the cloud (distributed systems)
- Deploy applications on Google Kubernetes Engine
- Architect a plan for Hybrid Cloud application deployments
- No programming experience needed. You will learn everything from the course.
Deploy Ghost CMS blog application on Google Kubernetes Engine and its backend -- MySQL server-- on a virtual machine hosted on your personal computer. This virtual machine will simulate an OnPrem data center.
Your OnPrem environment will connect to a Google Cloud network using strongSwan vpn and Google VPN gateway to establish a Site-to-Site VPN connection. You will be exposed to modern tools like docker, helm, nginx, Kubernetes, VMs, DNS, VPC, subnets, firewalls, GitHub, cli etc. and ultimately understand the role each of them play in a modern cloud infrastructure.
Since this is a Hybrid Cloud course, you will also be exposed to OnPrem setups -- which heavily rely on Linux administrations. We will learn how to install apps, like strongSwan VPN and MySQL server, on Ubuntu and most importantly also learn how to configure them.
Nginx will also be deployed on the Google Kubernetes Cluster using helm, and will be used as a reverse proxy to expose the blog application to the internet. Once all the resources have been successfully deployed, you will use a DNS provider to create a hostname and generate an SSL certificate. You will then create an A record to resolve your application's hostname to the nginx provided external IP address.
At the end of each section you will be quizzed on the concepts which were introduced to reinforce what you learned. Ultimately, after completing this course, you would be able to architect and deploy modern applications in a Hybrid Cloud environment regardless of which cloud provider you choose.
Who this course is for:
- IT professionals, on any level, who want to make a switch to the cloud
- Students who want an edge to land a dream cloud engineering job
- Cloud engineers who want a deeper understanding of Hybrid Cloud
Gilbert is an experienced cloud engineering professional. He has worked on several complex cloud and distributed systems for over 3 years. He is well-versed with the top 3 cloud providers (Google Cloud, Azure and AWS) and passionate about topics about cloud migrations and modern automation techniques.
He also has the following certificates: AWS Solutions Architect Associate, Azure Administrator, CompTIA Security +.