Delving into Blockchain : A Comprehensive Overview
This course titled “Technical Dive into Blockchain” is designed to provide naive learners to understand the basics of Blockchain so they can get into either technical or functional nitty gritties of working in the trending domain of blockchain.
The course comprises of seven sections starting with a brief introduction to trending technologies today followed by foundation, essentials, and advanced concepts of blockchain. While one learns the technical essentials we next provide some idea about various use cases which will benefit from blockchain adoption.
Next we present key questions to decide whether an organization can benefit from adopting blockchain, followed by the development process and ends with a brief overview of various blockchain development platforms.
We conclude the course with some pointers on the future of blockchain and what careers can one take up in the blockchain domain.
Watchout for upcoming courses providing deep dive into blockchain.
- Anyone who is interested in diving into or is a Beginner in Blockchain
- Setting the Context
- Foundational Computing Concepts
- Evolution of Blockchain Concepts
- Foundational Concepts : What is a Blockchain?
- Foundational Concepts : Working of Blockchain
- Foundational Concepts : About Virtual Machines and Containers
- Foundational Concepts : Structure of Block, Replicas and Security
- Overview of Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin
- Bitcoin Mining and Bitcoin Transaction Life Cycle
- Blockchain Generations
- Types of Blockchain
- Benefits and Challenges of Blockchain Usage
- Layered Architecture of Blockchain Ecosystem
- Overview of Consensus Mechanisms
- Overview of Smart Contracts
- Smart Contracts : Examples
- Use Cases
- Use Cases : Adoption of Blockchain
- Use Cases : Case Studies
- Blockchain Development Process
- Blockchain Development Platforms
- Future of Blockchain
- Careers in Blockchain
Dr.Seema Shah is currently working as Chairperson, of B.Tech Integrated Programme, Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering, NMIMS University.
She has academic experience of 30+ years along with 5 years in the IT industry.
Her research expertise is in the areas of Blockchain, Cloud computing and Distributed Computing mentoring Doctoral, Postgraduate and Graduate students. She has published 100+ technical papers in Journals and Conferences and authored several technical books. Her co-authored book Distributed Computing published by Oxford University Press is a text in various Universities across India. She is a recipient of several awards including State level Best Polytechnic Teacher award and is active on Social media with 21000+ followers on Quora.
I have completed my M.Tech Computer Engineering from Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering, NMIMS University with final year research in area of Blockchain.
Previously I was working as Mobile Application Developer (Android, iOS). I have also conducted sessions for Android Development and taken seminars for Blockchain.
My area of interests include Blockchain, Mobile Application Development , Distributed Systems, Database Management