Deloitte's Course on AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning
What you'll learn
- Understand why many AI initiatives fail and why the majority of models never make it to production
- Understand AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning Fundamentals
- Learn what the difference is between AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning
- Learn what the difference is between supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning
- Understand how machines learn
- Understand what the difference is between regression and classification problems
- Case Study: predict the stock price of General Electric
- How do you measure the performance of a classification model?
- Case Study: Diabetes Prediction
- Understand overfitting, they key issue you will need to deal with in Machine Learning
- Learn how Decision Trees work
- Understand what Ensemble Learning is: bagging, boosting, XGBoost
- Case Study: Learn what it takes to deploy a Machine Learning model in production
- Understand how unsupervised learning algorithms work: Anomaly Detection & Clustering
- Understand how Recommender Systems work?
- Understand Deep Learning
- Learn how the technology behind Computer Vision works
- Understand the challenges of dealing with text data - NLP
- Learn about Generative Deep Learning & GANs
- No Prerequisites but STEM background will help
Every day we get confronted with news of how AI is revolutionising the way we live, work and play. As the topic of AI is not well understood the spread of information through vlogs, articles and blogs is highly biased so that there is confusion about what is applicable today and more importantly, what is still considered a research area.
Most people have little options when it comes to studying the subject of AI. One option is to go back to university but for the majority of executives this is not an option mainly because of time constraints. The other option is to sign up for short online AI courses offered by a variety of academic institutions. These online programmes are costly, don’t cover enough detail and are time consuming, still.
Companies spend a massive amount of time and money on chasing so-called ‘use cases’ often with disappointing outcomes. Instead of blindly chasing ‘use cases’ we believe that it makes more sense to get trained on the fundamentals of AI. Many ‘use cases’ have not been validated technically and even if they were validated technically, there may not be a valid business case.
Deloitte developed this course according to following design principles:
Complete course covering the vast majority of AI, Machine Learning & Deep Learning subjects in a logical sequence
Focus on understanding the fundamentals
Short Course - 75 minutes of animated video
Short Learning Units - Microlearning
The course is not a walk in the park but covers the majority of AI topics. We start with fundamentals and progress to popular classification algorithms like Random Forest and XGBoost. Subsequently we cover clustering, anomaly detection and recommender engines. The final chapter covers deep learning, computer vision and generative deep learning.
Who this course is for:
- Executives, Professionals, Business Leaders, Business Unit Leaders, Directors, Managers, CEO, CTO, CFO, CDO
Mario is currently the Sr. Vice President APJ at IOTech Systems, a Dell portfolio company that markets Open Source IoT software. In addition, Mario is the Founder and CEO of RaiNMAKERS SG helping companies to kick start their AI journey. Rainmakers and Deloitte have developed a unique AI programme for professionals.
Over the past 25 years Mario held several leadership positions in large multinationals across different industries including Software, IT & Telecom, Automotive and Public Transportation.
Before joining IOTech, he served as Sr. Vice President at SMRT, Singapore’s largest Public Transport Operator. Mario was a member of SMRT’s executive leadership team and was the Managing Director of SMRT’s Engineering Subsidiary.
In the 10 years prior to joining SMRT, Mario held senior leadership positions at Alstom, Continental, Siemens and Oracle in Europe, the U.S. and Asia. His responsibilities primarily focused on business development and growth, building a sustainable competitive advantage and driving change.
Mario holds a Master of Science in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering from the University of Brussels, an MBA from the University of Antwerp Management School and a Master of Laws from the University of Liverpool.