Delivering Successful Salesforce Projects
What you'll learn
- How to deliver a Salesforce project
- What to look out for when delivering Salesforce projects
- Useful hints, tips and tools to use to deliver a Salesforce project
- The different stages a Salesforce project goes through and what to expect during each
- If you plan to work in the Salesforce ecosystem
- If you are working on Salesforce projects
- If you are a project lead for Salesforce projects
- If you'd like to deliver a Salesforce project but are new to the market
- If you would like to learn more about project management
There are many materials available that can help people with their Salesforce certification journey but I noticed that there aren't many resources that focus on the delivery of Salesforce projects. This course is designed to fill that gap.
Salesforce projects are complex. They are a blend of human interaction and technology but they all deliver change in some way. But, projects can very easily fail if they are not managed carefully and I'm not just talking about time, resource and budget. There are so many other aspects to consider relating to project delivery.
This course I have created is full of content that I have discovered, learnt and still use when I deliver Salesforce projects, since I first discovered the platform back in 2007. I've broken it down into 40 chapters and different phases: Defining the Need, Design, Implementation and Post Go Live.
As each project is unique, I have aimed to give you a toolbox of approaches and methodologies for each stage of the journey.
If you have anything to do with Salesforce, and the delivery of projects, then this course is for you. I guarantee, there is valuable content here for any member of a project team, irrespective of role.
Are you ready to dive in?
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Salesforce delivery practices
- Anyone interested in Project Management
- Anyone interested in Business Analysis
- Anyone interested in delivering software training
Amanda first implemented Salesforce as a CRM at an end user in 2007 and became the company's System Admin. She increased her experience of the platform by moving into contracting roles and worked as a Project Manager for two Salesforce Platinum Partners. She returned to the end user environment for more senior leadership roles within EdTech and Fintech companies, specialising in Digital Transformation and Change Management.
Amanda is now a Portfolio Manager with Capgemini engaging in successful delivery of Salesforce digital strategy for her customers.
Her background is in IT, Sales and Marketing which has helped to provide insights into system development and stakeholder management.
Amanda is a Salesforce MVP, a leader of the Salesforce London Admin Community Group, and a co-organiser of the London’s Calling Conference. She has multiple Salesforce certifications, is a Triple Trailhead Ranger, owner of the blog: Diary of a Saasy Girl, volunteers at Salesforce World Tours, Dreamforce and community events, and is an international conference speaker.