Defeat Cognitive Biases: Best Practices of Fortune 500 Firms
What you'll learn
- Master best practices in overcoming cognitive biases used by Fortune 500 leaders to seize competitive advantage for their bottom line and career
- Free yourself of constant ruminations and numerous grey zones that plague decision making due to cognitive biases, blocking your goal achievement
- Develop a plan with specific next steps to adapt for yourself the science-based best practices used by Fortune 500 leaders for addressing cognitive biases
- Discover the behavioral economics and cognitive neuroscience research on cognitive biases tested in the real world of Fortune 500 leadership decision making
- Maximize your desired outcomes by overcoming cognitive biases through cognitive neuroscience and behavioral economics techniques used by Fortune 500 leaders
- Feel truly confident about whether you made the right calls in overcoming cognitive biases in decision making to reach your business and career goals
- You need to trust best practices from Fortune 500 companies and behavioral science-based findings over outdated advice such as “go with your gut” in order to seize a competitive advantage in overcoming cognitive biases in decision making for the sake of your bottom line and career
Your mastery of best practices to overcome cognitive biases in decision making will determine whether you reach your business and career goals in our increasingly-disrupted future.
Yet traditional advice to "go with your gut" in decision making so often leads to disasters that devastate company bottom lines and bring down high-flying careers, as revealed by research in behavioral economics, psychology, and cognitive neuroscience. So what are the best practices used by the leaders of Fortune 500 companies to make the right calls in even the toughest decision making scenarios to maximize company bottom lines and advance their own careers?
These leaders recognize that science has revealed how our typical approach to decision making suffers from systematic dangerous judgment errors called cognitive biases. These mental blindspots often lead us into decision making disasters that drastically undermine our desired outcomes and goals. Fortunately, recent scholarship has shown effective yet counterintuitive strategies to enable you to defeat these cognitive biases and help optimize your bottom line and your career. In this course, you master techniques for all types of decision making scenarios drawing on cutting-edge behavioral science and real-world best practices from Fortune 500 company leaders to help you and your team reach your professional goals by overcoming cognitive biases.
After taking this course, you will:
Master best practices in overcoming cognitive biases used by Fortune 500 leaders to seize competitive advantage for their bottom line and career
Free yourself of constant ruminations and numerous grey zones that plague decision making due to cognitive biases, blocking your goal achievement
Develop a plan with specific next steps to adapt for yourself the science-based best practices used by Fortune 500 leaders for addressing cognitive biases
Discover the behavioral economics and cognitive neuroscience research on cognitive biases tested in the real world of Fortune 500 leadership decision making
Maximize your desired outcomes by overcoming cognitive biases through cognitive neuroscience and behavioral economics techniques used by Fortune 500 leaders
Feel truly confident about whether you made the right calls in overcoming cognitive biases in decision making to reach your business and career goals
Sounds too good to be true? These methods were successfully used by Aflac, Applied Materials, Entergy, Honda, IBM, Reckitt, Wells Fargo, and Xerox to dramatically improve the skills of their top executives, senior VPs, middle managers, and lower-level supervisors in solving the problems causes by cognitive biases in decision making. Over the last two decades, I trained the leaders at these Fortune 500 companies, as well as at numerous middle-market companies and quickly-growing startups as the CEO of the boutique future-proofing consultancy Disaster Avoidance Experts. The secrets used by these companies will be revealed in this course.
Here’s a recent testimonial from John Elnitsky, the head of the nuclear division of Entergy, a company ranked #299 by Fortune, speaking about the impact of my training on the leaders of the nuclear industry:
“We at Entergy hired Dr. Gleb as the opening keynote speaker to set the tone for the annual nuclear utility industry conference, hoping he would give a wake-up call about the threats and risks facing us and what steps we can take to prepare. Well, what he delivered exceeded our expectations. His keynote was the talk of the conference, widely described by attendees as giving the nuclear industry ‘the kick in the pants we needed to jump-start critically important initiatives to address the threats he outlined.’ Thank you Dr. Gleb!”
Here’s a recent testimonial from Harish Phadke, the Business Manager for the head of the North American Health division at Reckitt, a company ranked #326 by Fortune, about the impact of my training on the Reckitt North American Health Leadership Team:
“Dr. Gleb Tsipursky provided a truly outstanding virtual training on unconscious bias and future-proofing via emotional and social intelligence for the Reckitt North American Health Leadership Team. Exceeding our expectations, Dr Gleb customized his groundbreaking, behavioral science-driven training content to integrate our initiatives, policies, and case studies at Reckitt, expertly targeting our evolving needs. We are delighted to have met Dr. Gleb, and look forward to future opportunities to keep working with him on a training series for the organization. I highly recommend him for anyone who wants to get a rapid grasp of highly relevant topics which influence human behavior in the prevailing challenging times.”
Besides such real-world, pragmatic expertise, I have a strong academic background as a behavioral scientist studying cognitive biases, decision making, and related fields. I spent 8 years at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, first getting a PhD in the History of Behavioral Science and then serving as a lecturer there. Then, I spent 7 years as a professor at the Ohio State University, where I published dozens of peer-reviewed articles on this topic in high-quality academic journals such as Behavior and Social Issues and Journal of Social and Political Psychology. Thus, this course is thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research.
This combination of business and science led to my expertise gaining global recognition. I published over 550 articles and gave over 450 interviews for prominent venues, such as Fortune, USA Today, CNBC, Fast Company, CBS News, Business Insider, Inc. Magazine, and Time.
My expertise is also featured in my 7 best-selling books, including global best-sellers Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters (Career Press, 2019) and The Blindspots Between Us: How to Overcome Unconscious Cognitive Bias and Build Better Relationships (New Harbinger, 2020). Further attesting to my global renown, my work was translated into Chinese, German, Russian, Korean, Polish, and other languages.
That's what you can expect in this course: methods used successfully by leaders at the biggest companies to seize competitive advantage for their bottom lines and careers, thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research, and featured in top media venues and best-selling books around the globe. The course features 8 sections with videos, articles, and assignments from the course materials textbook packet, delivered in the following order:
1) Discover the structure of our minds and why typical advice on decisions, such as "go with your gut," so often results in disasters due to cognitive biases, and how to use science-based methods and Fortune 500 best practices to get the best outcomes
2) Take the "Assessment on Dangerous Judgment Errors in the Workplace," to help you learn about which cognitive biases are most problematic for you and your team’s people decisions
3) Master a technique for overcoming cognitive biases to make the best quick decisions on any choices where you just need a "good enough" answer
4) Master a technique for overcoming cognitive biases to make the most successful major decisions where you or your team wants the best answer possible, rather than settling for "good enough"
5) Master a technique for overcoming cognitive biases to make the best complex decisions with a number of different options that each have certain strengths and weaknesses
6) Master a technique for overcoming cognitive biases to avoid failures and maximize success when implementing major and/or complex decisions and strategies
7) Master a technique for overcoming cognitive biases in future-proofing your strategic decision making and strategic planning
8) Tying these all together, the last module will help you develop the mental habits necessary to notice and address cognitive biases and recognize when and how you should deploy all the techniques you've learned earlier
So why should you take my course rather than someone else’s alternative Udemy course? Simply because this course provides unparalleled value. No one else on Udemy comes even close to my level of credibility in the course topic:
As a trainer for Fortune 500 companies
As a behavioral scientist
As a best-selling author
As a globally-renowned thought leader
So if you want an alternative course that doesn’t offer top value and expertise, take someone else’s class. If you want the best, take this course.
Here’s another reason to register now. Once you register, you'll get access to the core textbook course materials packet. The packet consists of my best-selling book, my assessment on dangerous judgment errors, 4 manuals on decision making techniques to address cognitive biases, and 6 decision aids, all of which sell for over $50 combined. Fortune 500 companies buy this packet for their leadership teams to help them seize competitive advantage in their skills for defeating cognitive biases in decision making: you’re getting what they are getting.
This is an intermediate-level course: at least a year of real-world professional experience is required to appreciate the strategies and case studies outlined in the class.
Your registration is risk-free: you'll have 30 days to assess the course and get your money back if you think it's not the right decision. See the Udemy terms and conditions for more.
I look forward to welcoming you into the world of evidence-based, science-driven techniques tested in the real world of many Fortune 500 companies and numerous middle-market companies and startups. To ensure that you master the best practices of Fortune 500 companies to help yourself seize competitive advantage for your bottom line and career in defeating cognitive biases in decision making, register now!
Who this course is for:
- Current and aspiring leaders (executives, managers, supervisors, intrapreneurs, and entrepreneurs) who want to dramatically improve their skills in addressing cognitive biases to make the best decisions by using best practices from Fortune 500 leaders will get the most benefit from this course for their business and career goals, because case studies and examples are most suited to their needs
- Everyone else who wants to boost their efforts to address cognitive biases in decision making will also benefit from this course, even if the case studies and examples will be less relevant to them
"Master science-based best practices of Fortune 500 firms"
You are getting the benefit of my two decades of experience as a trainer and consultant for Fortune 500 executives, managers, and supervisors when you take my courses.
As the CEO of the training and consulting firm Disaster Avoidance Experts, I trained these leaders on my areas of expertise – cutting-edge behavioral science-based techniques in decision making, cognitive bias risk management, future proofing, and related fields. My clients include Fortune 500 firms such as Aflac, Applied Materials, Entergy, Honda, IBM, Jones Lang LaSalle, Reckitt, Wells Fargo, and Xerox; large nonprofits such as the World Wildlife Fund; government agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police; as well as numerous middle-market companies and quickly-growing startups. You can be confident that you are getting the training courses that they pay me a lot of money to develop.
Besides these two decades of real-world experience, my expertise also comes from a deep research background as a behavioral scientist. I spent over 15 years in academia, first getting a PhD and teaching at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and then teaching for 7 years as a professor at Ohio State University, where I published numerous peer-reviewed academic publications. So you can be confident that the information is thoroughly based on the latest science. My teaching combines Fortune 500 best practices with groundbreaking research findings on the contents of the course.
My expertise has been widely recognized in over 550 articles I published and 450 interviews I gave to prominent venues. They include Fortune, USA Today, Fast Company, CBS News, CNBC, Time, Business Insider, Government Executive, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, CNBC, and Inc. Magazine.
Publishers and readers also recognize the quality of my content. I published 7 books, including global bestsellers Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters (Career Press, 2019) and The Blindspots Between Us: How to Overcome Unconscious Cognitive Bias and Build Better Relationships (New Harbinger Press, 2020).
My expertise is globally renowned. My writing was translated into and published in Chinese, Korean, Russian, Polish, German, and other languages.
On a personal note, I live in Columbus, Ohio. In my free time, I enjoy tennis, gardening, and reading. I also make sure to spend abundant quality time with my wife to avoid my personal life turning into a disaster.
You’re welcome to contact me and ask me any questions at Gleb [at] DisasterAvoidanceExperts [dot] com. I hope to see you in my classes, and look forward to sharing the techniques used by executives, managers, and supervisors at Fortune 500 firms with you.