Deep Dive into Yocto Embedded Linux with Beagle Bone Black
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Yocto Fundamentals
- Yocto build system setup and image generation for beaglebone black
- Yocto layer and recipes
- Creating new yocto layer
- Yocto bitbake - core engine
- Bitbake tasks like Normal, Manual, Image related, Kernel related
- Creating an HelloWorld recipe and adding into build system
- Customized image generation for a Media Box included with GStreamer
- Customized new Yocto Board Support Package Layer creation
- Linux Kernel Optimization in terms of Size and Speed
- Basic usage experience of Ubuntu System
- BeagleBone Black Hardware
- USB to Serial TTL Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- Micro USB Cable for power
- Micro HDMI to HDMI Adapter
- HDMI Monitor for Media Box Functionality
Course starts with a brief introduction about yocto fundamentals and architecture, poky reference system, bitbake, meta open embedded core, yocto board support package. Then it helps to step by step procedure to setup yocto build system for beagleboneblack, starts from installing dependencies, downloading the poky system from yocto-project git repository, preparing build environment, build targets, building core-image-minimal and various targets, flashing the image into beagleboneblack.
This also provides the information about yocto meta-data, recipes, bitbake files, bitbake append files, class file and etc.
Yocto bitbake layers with various options like show-layers, show-recipes, create-layer, add-layer, remove-layer, show-cross-depends, layerindex-fetch, show-overlays.
Helps you to create new yocto layer starting from a simple helloworld to optimized custom yocto board support package layer. Also it provides information to create recipes with starting from a helloworld, custom full feature media box image generation recipes and recipe to add IoT gateway middleware framework and applications.
- Embedded Linux Beginners, Intermediates
- Hobbyists interested to learn and build embedded linux system images
- Developers who are passionate to get start with Yocto
Getting started with brief introduction about Yocto, explore the yocto functional architecture and it various components like bitbake, open embedded core, yocto meta-data, yocto board support package layers with the poky reference system. Also it includes the Yocto development history with version information
Provides complete end-to-end Yocto build setup starting from installing dependency packages, downloading the poky source from yoctoproject git repository, directory structure and detailed source glance of yocto, build preparation, configure the complete build process using local.conf, getting information about image target and generating core-image-minimal.
Flashing the yocto generated core-image-minimal build target into Micro SD Card. Booting the BeagleBoneBlack from uSD Card image. This also provides the Linux Serial Console Setup and configuration. Connecting with Linux Serial Console of BeagleBoneBlack to get start with playing.
Provides detailed description about recipe file variables, directory definition available in yocto, recipes licensing and respective license file present in common license directory. Gives a simple recipe implementation that creates the simple helloworld application from the source maintained within the recipe itself.