Decision Making: Improve Team and Meeting Productivity!
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Design and build group decisions that sustain momentum through the waves of organizational change.
- Leverage group behavior to strengthen your bond with stakeholders to earn their trust, confidence, and respect.
- Engage the intelligence of diverse perspectives to better understand the situation and assess the options to enhance evidence-driven group decisions
- Record the route of a group decision with the help of the Decision Design Canvas, with which every stakeholder who joined later gains insight into considerations, interests and concerns that led to the outcome.
- Discover a simple 4-step process to make better and faster decisions.
- A willingness to learn more about change, innovation, people and creativity to use in problem solving and making decisions.
- You should have an interest in group behavior and how to achieve optimal group decisions.
- Interest in general knowledge about problem-solving and decision-making.
- Basic understanding of organizational change.
High performance organisations make better decisions and therefore are capable to speed up organisational change!
It seems obvious: companies that make good decisions and act on them perform well. Yet poor decision making remains a chronic problem at many companies.
Decisions by Design is a simple and powerful tool to achieve the best achievable and sustainable decisions with active participation.
Four design steps lead you as a change-maker, interactively with the relevant stakeholders, to crucial and informed decisions, in which all perspectives and realities are acknowledged.
This decision-making method knows how to deal with the pitfalls of group processes (such as tunnel vision), conflicting interests, cognitive errors (such as the tendency to overestimate oneself), intuition and securing the decision for the long term.
- you are able to design and facilitate effective group decision making;
- decisions crafted by Decisions by Design don't land on a shelf but are followed through and institutionalised in the organisation;
- no endless, boring meetings anymore - now you design evidence based and creative work sessions that result in sustainable decisions.
So here’s a quick overview of the course:
1: Take the challenge to make meetings more productive!
Because in the end you know that when there is more and more talking in your meetings, there is less decision making.
2: Do you know how poor decision making leads to low team results?
You will realise that decision making is the core process of collaboration.
3: The solution is to focus on the process not the outcome!
You learn to design successful decision making by applying the 4 steps of Decisions by Design.
4: Record the route of a group decision with the help of the Decision Design Canvas, with which every stakeholder who joined later gains insight into considerations, interests and concerns that led to the outcome.
5: Adopt the power of questions. Be in the lead by asking strategic questions!
6: When there is effective decision-making - this is how that looks like.
- It will be of interest to anyone who is looking to develop their problem solving and decision making skills.
- Anyone who wants to understand the people side of organizational change.
- Current, Future, Potential and Aspiring Leaders and Managers in any field.
- Change professionals with the ambition to understand the human factor in organisational change.
A video with characteristics of a non-productive meeting
Video on the most common meeting pitfalls.
Video on characteristics of good decison-making and on the culture of wonder.