Debugging SAP ABAP Code For Non Programmers
What you'll learn
- Debug SAP ABAP code to identify and fix bugs by yourself !! No need to wait for a developer to help you out :-)
- Understand what the ABAP code does, so you understand the behaviour of a program.
- Understand how custom ABAP code is used in SAP developments
- Find and fix that SAP bug by yourself!! Nothing feels better than finding the problem/bug by yourself!
- Produce better SAP design documents, based on your understanding of ABAP
- Debugging ABAP code without having to learn how to program in ABAP. There is no "Hello World" in this course.
- Understand the structure of ABAP code and programs, and understand what a developer's is trying to do.
- No knowledge of ABAP is required, but students should know how to use the SAP GUI
- Access to a SAP client would be beneficial for the practice sessions
The course I wish existed when I was starting out in SAP
Being able to read, understand and debug SAP ABAP code is the number one skill set for anyone working with SAP. Today's companies are expecting their SAP functional consultants, key users and support staff to be able to debug ABAP code as part of their normal role in bugs fixing and problem solving. The ability to debug is also critical in being able to quickly design and prototype solutions.
You don't have to learn ABAP programming to debug in ABAP!
This SAP course is designed to help non-programmers quickly learn and debug SAP ABAP code without having to learn all of the complexity of ABAP programming as in all other SAP ABAP courses.
The course creators Abdul Maulud (functional) and Omar Lucero (ABAP programmer), will introduce you to the key ABAP commands required to understand SAP ABAP and the techniques as to start debugging ABAP code.
In this course, you will learn
The core ABAP commands as to understand the code and to get you started in debugging.
Step by step on how to get debugging. How to use the most common toolset, transactions, command, resources, etc
How to debug the most common custom ABAP objects (RICEF), from how to debug forms, interfaces to the SAP user-exits & enhancements.
The debugging approach, from managing function models, BAPIs and even debugging SAP own code!
The “tricks of the trade” from a veteran ABAP developer, from how to find problem code, where variables are used, creating break and watch points, and much, much more.
Learn by watching the author goes step by step, debug SAP ABAP code while he explains why and what he is doing and you will be debugging ABAP code in no time.
The course is aimed at non-programmers to learn how to debug code, so we will not covering programming theory or complicated SAP code logic (let's leave that to the programmers), but focusing on practical step by step demonstrations.
Whether you're new to SAP, or just new to the ABAP language, this course is your guide to the rapid, real-world of SAP.
So why waste hundreds of dollars and hours taking a SAP ABAP courses in an attempt to learn everything about programming in ABAP just to write "Hello World" on screen. Learn all the "tricks of the trade" on debugging code from Abdul Maulud and Omar Lucero, both are veterans in SAP consulting who has been debugging code for most of their consulting life.
Updated in 2020 : Update SAP S/4 HANA Access video as to include Azure Cloud service
Updated in 2019 : Course updated to show how to debug standard SAP functionality or logic
I have added 2 new lectures in which I debug a standard SAP functionality, and so can you
5 new assignments have been added so that you can practice your debugging skills with me.
Updated in 2017 : Course updated to reflect new content concerning debugging Fiori apps in S/4 HANA
I have added a new lecture on Fiori apps and how to debug them.
SAP®, SAP® Best Practices and ASAP are the trademark(s) or registered trademark(s) of SAP SE in Germany and in several other countries.
Who this course is for:
- This course should be taken by anyone that wants to expand their knowledge of SAP. SAP Key users, support staff and consultants would really benefit from this course
- Developers who are starting to learn ABAP code would also benefit from this course.
- Candidates applying and interviewing for SAP roles. Debugging is a required skills of any SAP role, so it will be a topic in the interview
- Developer that want an introduction to SAP Fiori
- SAP users or key users wanting to be a SAP consultant. Debugging skills are expected for consultants as to resolved and fix bugs
- SAP consultants that want a better understanding of ABAP code to help them write better functional specification documents.
- SAP functional consultants
I am a SAP Solution Architect with over 25 years of industrial and SAP experience working in the Logistic Supply Chain Management (SCM) consulting space, covering the SAP modules of SD, MM, IM and WM and even 3rd party SAP software such as Ortec and I2 Loadbuilder.
So far, I have been lucky enough to have participated on so many interesting SAP projects for fantastic companies like Procter and Gamble, Accenture, Caterpillar, etc. During this time, I have been a SAP functional consultant, Master Data Consultant and even a Test Manager. I have learnt from the best and I look forward to sharing my experience with everyone.
I hope you enjoy my work.
Seasoned IT professional with 20 years of rich experience in all facets of SAP ABAP development and software development life cycle. Expertise in analysis, design, development, customization and implementation of SAP System. Experienced of working in the complete software development and testing life cycle involving the gathering, designing, development, documentation, testing and maintenance. Currently working not only as ABAP developer, but also HANA developer