Debugging Salesforce for Admin's & Developers
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use the advanced Admin tools in Developer Console
- Debug and fix issues in Salesforce faster
- Understand how to read the Salesforce Debug Log
- Understand SOQL and how to run SQL like queries on Salesforce.
- You should have a good understanding of Workflow & Validation Rules
- A theoretical knowledge of Process Builder would be advantagous but not required
- Understanding how to navigate & Login to Salesforce
The Developer Console is not just for Developers!! This was my message to 100s of people at Dreamforce 2016. For some reason Administrators avoid the Salesforce Developer Console like the plague! But it has some really important tools within it that can help you speed up the time it takes to identify issues on the platform as well as running quick calculations on records within your Salesforce org.
Understand how Salesforce thinks
One of the most important aspects of this course is to learn how Salesforce works under the covers. By understanding what happens when you create, update or delete records in Salesforce, you can have a greater understanding on why issues crop up and how you can zero in on the issue quickly and get it resolved.
Debugging & Troubleshooting Salesforce
Salesforce developers use Salesforce Debug logs a lot to find out whats going on in Salesforce when actions are performed. This section of the course teaches you how to read debug logs effectivley so that you can understand why that workflow rule or validation is throwing an error or not doing anything at all! Its all about digging down and finding the issue quickly.
I also show you how to visualize debug logs in a different way so you can quickly understand whats happening in Salesforce.
Introduction to SOQL
SOQL is a query language used by developers to pull data out of Salesforce to perform actions on it. In this section you will learn how SOQL relates to reports in Salesforce and how you can use SOQL to quickly get answers to information in Salesforce without the need for creating Record Types or Reports all the time.
- This course is for Salesforce Admin's that want to improve their speed on finding and fixing bugs.
- A Salesforce Developer wanting to understand the Salesforce Execution order or Salesforce processes requests.
- Salesforce admins and developers wanting to understand how the Debug Log works
Understand what steps Salesforce performs when a record is created or edited. Understanding these steps will really help you understand how "Salesforce thinks" and understand why errors and issues can occur in an un-related area of Salesforce.
The debug perspectives are one of the most important features in the developer console for Admins and developers but isn't used that much. Using the different Salesforce perspectives you can really visualise what Salesforce is doing.