Debugging for Novice to Intermediate Developers
- Students need to have installed an IDE such as Eclipse or NetBeans.
Debugging is an essential skill every professional software developer needs to master! Best for computer science students, coding bootcamp grads, or anyone just starting out in the field of software development, this course will teach you:
- simple yet effective debugging techniques like commenting out code and printing to the console
- how Eclipse IDE can help you find your bug quickly
- powerful tools like breakpoints and step that show you the internal state of your program while it's running
- expert debugging strategies that can be used for any programming language.
This class will help bridge that gap between coding for school and real-life. Take that next step in your software development journey and become a confident debugger!
- New software developers who have learned or are currently learning at least one programming language
- Anyone who has programmed mostly "for school"
- Intermediate coders who would like to brush up on their debugging skills
- Getting Started
- Printing to console
- Commenting out code
- Searching on Google
- Implement the Fix
- Understanding and using breakpoints
- Understanding and using code navigation tools
- Top 10 Pro Debugging Tips
- Debugging Tools Quiz
- Debug This!
- Resources to Check out
- Thank You
As a Udemy instructor I bring a unique background of software development and instructional design. I started programming at age 15, having taught myself HTML and CSS, and went on to complete an undergraduate degree in computer science at Columbia University. After 8 years working as a software developer, project manager, business analyst in the financial industry, I decided to switch gears and took on the role of program coordinator for a graduate program in instructional technology. This position sparked my interest in instructional design and I'm currently working on my Masters degree in this field from Touro College. I’m thrilled to be joining Udemy and I look forward to sharing my knowledge with this virtual community!