Daylighting 101 : Technical Terms
What you'll learn
- Complete clarity of technical terms
- Know how of terms
- Recognize practical application
- Confidence in using terms
- You do not need any prior knowledge to take this course. This course is for beginners! It would be a good idea to have a paper and pen handy with you since there are some simple exercises in the lectures.
This course is approved for 0.5 GBCI CE hours.
Adequate daylighting is a key aspect of good building design. Quantity as well as quality of daylight has an impact on the visual comfort of the space. A good design will ensure a balance between both. Before diving into the design strategies, it is important to understanding the fundamentals which is a bit of a technical subject..
This course is primer on daylighting. It covers technical terms in the most simple, clear and interesting manner. Examples given in the course correlate with the real world. So the next time you look at daylight, you shall be able to describe it using technical terms with ease.
The course comprises of 5 lectures with 40 minutes of video content and a quiz to be taken at the end of the course. There are simple and interesting exercises within the lectures that help you understand the concepts effectively. It will take you about 50 minutes to complete the course.
At the end of this course, you will have complete clarity of the technical terms required to understand key concepts of daylighting and use technical language with confidence. You will able to understand design strategies with much ease after completing this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for architects, designers, lighting consultants, professionals from allied industry and anybody who is curious to learn about daylight.
- This course is meant for newbies who are interested in designing spaces for good daylight and don't know where and how to get started with it.
- This course in probably not for you if you are looking to learn about daylighting techniques which is not covered in this basic course.
Environmental Design Solutions [EDS] is a sustainability advisory firm focusing on the built environment. Since its inception in 2002, EDS has worked on over 350 green building and energy efficiency projects worldwide. The diverse milieu of its team of experts converges on climate change mitigation policies, energy efficient building design, building code development, energy efficiency policy development, energy simulation and green building certification.
EDS has expertise in providing capacity building and training in various areas of sustainability. The courses are designed by experts from EDS who are experienced in teaching high quality in-person and online courses.