DAX Data Analysis Expressions using Free Tools for Beginners
- 25 hours on-demand video
- 17 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn fundamentals and basics to Intermediate level DAX analysis
- Learn how Relationships and DAX work together
- Learn Create calculated FIELDS and MEASURES using DAX in Power BI
- Perform SOPHISTICATED calculations such as Time Intelligence, Filtered Data and Creating Calculated Tables
- Create RELATIONSHIPS between tables of data
- Learn how to use DAX to create a DATE table
- Learn how to calculate Moving totals and Rolling Totals
- Learn how to use "Disconnected" tables to maximize Insights
- Learn how to install SQL server and download Microsoft Data Warehouse and restore it on SQL Server
- Learn Data and time functions to find yearly, quarterly and monthly trends in your data
- Learn Dax Filter Functions to analyse data for specific products, customer and regions
- Learn Dax Information functions to convert data types and find specific errors in your data
- Learn Logical functions to combine data for specific conditions
- Learn Path functions to build HIERARCHIES and get to specific level of HIERARCHIES
- Learn Static and Dynamic Row Level Security to have anyone look at their specific data (Managers can see their own regions sales or Manager can you see their own employees data)
- Learn to install PBI Desktop and get data from SQL Server
- Get the total understanding of the basic DAX Aggregator and Iterator Functions
- Gain confidence building measures with multiple functions - advancing your DAX KNOWLEDGE
- Learn how to catalogue your data model functions in Power BI
- Learn how to create powerful calculations and comparisons across multiples tables of data.
- Learn how to create advanced DAX measures and calculated columns for complex calculations.
- This hands on course will prepare you to start your data analytics career.
- Learn to use the easiest Business Intelligence tool to create reports and dashboards.
- Learn Dashboard-in-a-day at your own pace at home or at your office.
- Learn Power BI Best Practices, Tip and Tricks
- This course is designed for PC users (PowerBI is not available for Mac)
- You should be familiar with either Power Pivot, Power BI or Analysis Services
- Willingness to learn DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
**** Life time access to course materials. 100% money back guarantee ****
Companies are gathering more and more data every day. Skills in data analysis, Business Intelligence / Business Analytics are highly in demand in today's job market. In this course, you will learn how to use DAX to Analyze, find Patterns and Trend in your Data using Power BI. Once learned can also be used in Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services.
In this course together, we will go over business scenarios where you will learn, how to use advanced / complex DAX calculations further to derive more insights from data. We are using SQL Server Adventure Works Data warehouse as a sample database. We will hold your hand and walk you thru each scenario Step-by-step.
Not only you will learn Power BI Best Practices, Tip, Tricks and Case Studies that you will not find in ANY other course but also learn Microsoft's Popular Course DASHBOARD-IN-A-DAY at your own pace at home or at your office AS A BONUS. All of the exercises are designed by keeping the practical aspects of DAX in mind. All exercises are 100% handson.
24+ hours of HD videos of building Business Scenarios using DAX from scratch to finish. Files for Start and Finished projects also included to challenge you so you can learn by immediately applying what you are learning. You will have gained the knowledge and confidence to apply these same concepts to real-word to solve the Business problems or Business requirements.
By the time you complete this course, you will be a highly proficient in DAX. You will be fully prepared to collect, clean, model and present data for any purpose. You will be using your skills as a Business Intelligence Professional to extract knowledge from data so you can analyze and visualize complex Business Problems/Requirements with ease.
Why should you consider a career as a Business Data Analyst?
Salary. A Business Data Analyst is a well-paid career
Stable Career. As most corporations gathering more and more data. There will never be shortage of Jobs for Business Data Analyst.
Advancement in Career: Since you will be building different reports for different departments. You will never be bored and always be valued. Which will bring you more opportunities in your career. Business Data Analyst get very visibility in corporations. Whole management depends on them.
#microsoft #powerbi #data #business #intelligence #analysis #DAX
Section1 : Introduction
Thank you and How to get support
Section2 : Install Power BI and SQL Server
How to install Power BI Desktop
How to use the Start and Finish Files
SQL Server Installation
Connecting to Database using SSMS
Download and install sample databases
Import data from SQL Server
Section3 : Dax Basics
Dax Model Components
What is Dax
Dax Data Types
Dax Operators and Syntax
M vs Dax
Create a Column
Rules to Create Measures
Calculated Columns vs Calculated Measures
Section4 : DAX Date and Time Functions
Section5 : DAX Filter Functions
CALCULATE Function - 0
CALCULATE Function - 1
Section6 : DAX Information Functions
BLANK and ISBLANK Function
Section7: DAX Logical Functions
TRUE and FALSE Functions
Section8 : DAX Text Functions
LEFT RIGHT Functions
Section9 : Dax Path Functions and Row Level Security
RLS - Static Row Level Security
RLS - Dynamic Row Level Security
RLS - Organizational Hierarchy 1
RLS - Organizational Hierarchy 2
RLS - Organizational Hierarchy 3
Section10 : Math Trig and Stat Functions
Performs division and returns alternate result or BLANK () on division by 0
Adds all the numbers in a column.
Returns the sum of an expression evaluated for each row in a table.
Returns the average (arithmetic mean) of all the numbers in a column.
Calculates the average (arithmetic mean) of a set of expressions evaluated over a table.
The COUNT function counts the number of cells in a column that contain numbers.
The COUNTROWS function counts the number of rows in the specified table, or in a table defined by an expression.
Returns the largest numeric value in a column, or between two scalar expressions.
Evaluates an expression for each row of a table and returns the largest numeric value.
Returns the smallest numeric value in a column, or between two scalar expressions.
Returns the smallest numeric value that results from evaluating an expression for each row of a table.
Returns the ranking of a number in a list of numbers for each row in the table argument.
Section11 : DAX Time-Intelligence Functions
FIRSTDATE - LASTDATE Functions
FIRSTNONBLANK - LASTNONBLANK Function
Section12 : Advanced Time-Intelligence Scenarios
Create Date Table in DAX-0
Create Date Table in DAX-1
Create Date Table in M (important)
How to use PREVIOU Function
How to use SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR()
How to calculate Cumulative or Running totals TOTALXXX() Functions
How to use DATEADD() Function
How to add column DateLastPurchase in Customer Table 4.34
How to calculate Days to Ship and Delivery Status
How to calculate Spring-Summer-Autumn-Winter Sales for 2012
How to Calculate Customer Age and use it in charts and graphs
How to calculate Days till last purchase
How to calculate MOM values
How to calculate Previous Week Sales
How to calculate Running Total 1
How to calculate Running Total 2
How to calculate sales for last N days
How to calculate Weekend - Weekday sales 1
How to calculate Weekend - Weekday sales 2
How to calculate YOY Growth
How to calculate YTD with Different Fiscal Year
How to Calculate Thanksgiving-BlackFriday-CyberMonday 2 weeks sales
How to compare Quarter over Quarter 1
How to compare Quarter over Quarter 2
How to compare YearQuarterMonth better way
How to create Short Month Name for Fiscal Year
How to do Grouping and Segmenting 1
How to do Grouping and Segmenting 2
How to use specific relationships if you have more than 1 relationship
Section13 : Advanced Business Scenarios
Create new table for Scenarios Measures
How to calculate of order per customers
How to add calculated column in Employee table
How to add calculated column in Resellers table
How to calculate Customers (using TOPN) for Target Marketing
How to calculate and display Profit Margins
How to calculate and display sales growth
How to calculate how many items bought by Customers Multiple times
How to calculate how many Resellers sold specific Item more than 5 times
How to calculate Moving Average 1
How to calculate Moving Average 2
How to calculate number of Products - Customers Sales Trend
How to calculate Profit or Margin Variance MOM
How to calculate sales category for Customers
How to calculate TOP 5 Customers with RANKX
How to calculate Trend on Profit for Internet Sales
How to categorize Employees on Sales
How to categorize Resellers
How to create Product Segment
How to export measures from Power BI file
How to see top N Products 01 Statically
How to see top N Products 02 Dynamically
How you calculate and show Profits
How you calculate Best Product Sales Day
How you calculate Dynamic TOPN product or Customers
How you calculate Hot Selling Products
How you calculate how many unique Customers bought specific Product
How you calculate how many unique Products bought by each Customer
How you calculate product sales growth
How you calculate Reseller 01 Sales Growth YOY
How you calculate Reseller 02 Profit Margins YOY
How you calculate Revenue Forecast 01 using Analytics Tab
How you calculate Revenue Forecast 01 using What If Parameter
How you calculate Top Employees
How you calculate which Reseller selling what Products
How you show Products quantity forecast 01 using Analytics Tab
How you show Products quantity forecast 02 using using What If Parameter
How you smooth the trend using Moving Averages
Section13 : Bonus – Dashboard-in-a-day (Same as actual Microsoft Class)
Dashboard-in-a-day and PBI Best Practices
DIAD - Introduction
DIAD - Accessing Data
DIAD - Data Prepration-0
DIAD - Data Prepration-1
DIAD - Data Modeling and Exploration-0
DIAD - Data Modeling and Exploration-1
DIAD - Data Modeling and Exploration-2
DIAD - Data Modeling and Exploration-3
DIAD - Data Modeling and Exploration-4
DIAD - Data Visualization-0
DIAD - Data Visualization-1
DIAD - Publishing Report
DIAD - Creating Dashboard0
DIAD - Creating Dashboard1
DIAD - Creating Dashboards
Section14 : Bonus – Power BI Best Practices.
- Anyone looking to get a job and prepare to start data analytics career.
- Entrepreneurs/CEO/Founders looking to master the Data Analysis process.
- If you want to impress your boss and STANDING OUT from your colleagues and peers
- Students learning in the field of Data.
- You want to extend your knowledge in advanced DAX calculations .
- Data scientists.
- Business Analyst and aspiring Business Analyst.
- You want your reports stand out and "WOW" your audience.
- Business Analyst in charge of automation efforts.
- Enthusiastic quality professionals who are NEW to the Business.
- Analysis and want to take their skills to the next level.
- Business Analyst who want to advance their skill set.
- Anyone wanting to transition into Business Analyst.