Data Modeling and Relational Database Design using ERwin
What you'll learn
- Create Entity Relationship Diagrams by identifying entities, attributes, relationships and constraints from a set of requirements
- Normalize the Entity Relationship Diagram to third Normal form
- Develop sound database designs by applying proven data modeling techniques
- Engineer/Re-engineer the data Models into and from relational database designs
- Optimize the Relational Database Design for various functional/non functional requirements
- Work with database change requests and maintain existing databases with the help of tools.
- Develop data models using ERwin Data Modeler
- SQL RDBMS
The data model is the one place where you can store all the relevant information about a data asset (definitions, structure, relationships, integration points etc) and deliver it in a visual and contextually appropriate format for stakeholders involved in the management and consumption of data.
The course will help you learn how to develop data models and maintain them with the help of popular data modeling tool ERWIN. We will discuss various data modeling techniques with the help of appropriate modeling scenarios and make you ready to take up complex data modeling challenges and become an effective data architect. The tools and techniques demonstrated in this course are equally applicable to OLTP & OLAP databases.
Who this course is for:
- Data Modelers
- Data Architects
- Database administrators
- ETL developers
- DWH/BI professionals
- Business Analysts
Expert in conceptual, logical and physical data modeling techniques to build sound relational database designs. More than a decade of experience with ERwin Data Modeler in various capacities (Developer, Architect, Development Manager, and Principal Product Manager)
A skilled practitioner who can understand business problems, conceptualize solutions, and translate them into powerful software with the help of both Waterfall and Agile delivery models.
Areas of interest: Software product design, development and research.
Extensive experience in delivering technology training to software engineers and data architects.