Mastering Data Visualization with R
What you'll learn
- Understand what plots are suitable for a type of data you have
- Understand the data before you make a plot
- Visualize data by creating various graphs using R base package, lattice and ggplot2 packages
- A case study to select a diamond - to explain ggplot()
- Some basic knowledge of R is expected. However this course does include a quick overview of R knowledge required for this course.
This course will help you draw meaningful knowledge from the data you have.
Three systems of data visualization in R are covered in this course:
A. Base Graphics B. Lattice package C. GGPlot2
A. Types of graphs covered in the course using the base R package:
Single Continuous Variable: Histogram, Density Plot, Box-Whisker Plot
Single Discrete Variable: Bar Chart
Two Continuous Variable: Scatter Plot
Two Variable: One Continuous, One Discrete: Box-Whisker Plot, Pie Chart, Dot Chart, Strip Chart
Two Variables: Both Discrete: Mosaic Plot, Stacked Bar Plot
Time series: Line Charts
B. Types of graphs covered in the Lattice package:
Histogram, Density Plot, Box-Whisker Plot, Bar Chart, Scatter Plot, Dot Chart, Strip Chart
C. Graphs covered in GGPlot2 package:
In this section you will learn about 7 layers in ggplot() and how to use these. In addition there is a project of selecting a diamond from the dataset of 54000 diamonds, based on my budget.
Commonly Used Graphs: Histogram, Density Plot, Box-Whisker Plot, Bar Chart, Scatter Plot, Dot Chart, Strip Chart
What are other students saying about this course?
Very thorough. Covers all the details without glossing over anything. Good consistent pace and nice short segments. Very diligent in always saying what keys he was pressing during the demos, which is often overlooked. Excellent course. (5 stars by Roger Holeywell)
Explanations are clear and coherent. This course is well structured and very-very useful. Thank you so much for your help! (5 stars by Martina Katalin Szabó)
Todos os cursos oferecidos pelo Prof. Sandeep Kumar na Udemy são excelentes, especialmente em análise e visualização de dados.(5 stars by Jose Maria Nogueira da Costa )
Who this course is for:
- Data Science, Six Sigma and other professionals interested in data visualization
ASQ ConnEx Expert, PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA, NAHQ - CPHQ
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on several projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
After the successful completion of ASQ vetting, Sandeep Kumar has been designated as a genuine and authorized ASQConnEx expert. ASQConnEx is an education delivery system and network that vets, designates, and connects quality subject matter experts with organizations to advance their excellence journey.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualifications/certifications include:
• Authorized ASQ ConnEx Expert
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• NAHQ-CPHQ Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional