Data Science for Business Leaders: Machine Learning Defined
- No prior knowledge required.
- This course has no coding or complex mathematics.
- This class is the prerequisite for many other data science courses.
This course has a simple mission: to give you a solid understanding of what Machine Learning is. Mastering the terminology is your first step to understanding the ideas and capabilities.
Machine learning is a capability that business leaders should grasp if they want to extract value from data. There's a lot of hype; but there's some truth: the use of modern data science techniques could translate to a leap forward in progress or a significant competitive advantage. Often you can buy "AI-powered" solutions; but you should consider how your organization's core competencies could benefit from machine learning.
No coding or complex math. This is not a hands-on course. We set out to explain all of the fundamental concepts you'll need in plain English.
Who this course is for:
- Business leaders, executives, product managers, process owners, service managers, as well as aspiring and experienced data scientists.
- Suitable for people with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- 05:47What is a Model and Why is it Important?
Robert has been mucking around with data for over 20 years. Much of his career was spent in financial services, where he climbed to SVP - Data Science & Analytics at Bank of America (head of data science for merchant services). Recently he did a stint at DataRobot, helping customers understand and use automated machine learning. And now he's working as a fractional CIO and training and researching under his own company: Decision Science.