Data Programming with F#
What you'll learn
- Strategies for processing data with the F# platform
- Parsing data with FParse
- Handling large data streams
- Designing and controlling asynchronous workflows
- Managing asynchronous input with F# agents
- Processing discontinuous input with reactive extensions
- Using type providers to simplify handling data from relational databases, web APIs, Azure services, and non- .NET languages
- Basic programming grammar and syntax of F#.
Today, developers are tasked with building applications in less time, while maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, security, and performance.
This video course presents practical techniques for handling real-world data programming challenges. We'll first see how to build efficient, extensible engines to parse and process documents and data streams. Then we'll study how to process large sets of data with maximal performance and efficiency using asynchronous workflows, agents, and .NET reactive extensions. Next, we'll learn to use type providers, a unique F# feature that lets us program with data as if it were code.
By the end of the course, you will be capable of writing solutions with less code, fewer bugs, and better alignment with business requirements.
About the Author
Richard Broida is a software design and programming consultant specializing in Microsoft Windows and Azure technologies. Over his career he has developed enterprise applications for clients in medical, banking, insurance, manufacturing, transportation, and e-commerce. He is a frequent speaker on F#, C#, and cloud technologies and has taught .NET programming courses for adult professionals. You can follow Richard on Twitter (@SirEel) or on LinkedIn. He lives in Cleveland, Ohio.
Who this course is for:
- This course will appeal to programmers and developers who are confident with the basic grammar and syntax of F# and are now looking to sharpen their F# programming skills. The course also caters for intermediate C# developers who want to gain a deep understanding of F#.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.