Data Manipulation with Pandas Masterclass
What you'll learn
- This is a short masterclass in Pandas, the most famous library for data manipulation in Python.
- You will learn what Pandas is, and how it can help you load, manage, and transform tabular data.
- Learn to analyze real world data using Python & Pandas.
- Import data from multiple sources, clean, reshape, impute and visualize your data.
- Use Python and Pandas to select, group and summarize your data.
- Decide what data to keep and what to ignore.
- Create compelling visualizations using Seaborn and Matplotlib.
- Previous experience programming in Python is advised to make best use of the masterclass.
- Some prior experience with tabular data formats such as CSV or Excel is also encouraged.
This masterclass introduces you to concepts and practices for building compelling analyses and dashboards on datasets of any size. It is designed to be self contained and to be consumed quickly in a single session. It will get you up to speed from zero knowledge of Pandas to understanding how the library operates and using it in several different scenarios.
You will learn:
What tabular data is and where you find it
How Pandas allows you to load from, and save to, multiple data formats
How to use two main components of Pandas: the Series and the DataFrame
The main methods to select, group and summarize your data using Pandas
How to perform complex operations such as pivot tables and split-apply-combine
How to create compelling visualizations using Seaborn and Matplotlib directly from Pandas
The masterclass is designed to maximize the learning experience for everyone and includes 50% theory and 50% hands-on practice. It includes a lab with hands-on exercises and solutions.
No software installation required. You can run the code on Google CoLab and get started right away.
This class is the fastest way to get up to speed in Pandas.
Pandas is the most famous data manipulation library and it is used by millions of people every day to analyze and manipulate large datasets. It is mature, robust, easy to use and it has extensive documentation, so it's the perfect entry point for beginners and pros.
Who this course is for:
- Python enthusiasts that want to deepen their knowledge of data analysis, data manipulation and data visualization.
- Analysts in finance, insurance, consulting who are pro at Excel and want to start migrating towards Python and Pandas to scale their work.
CEO & Chief Data Scientist at Catalit Data Science.
Author of the Zero to Deep Learning book and bootcamp. I work at the cutting edge of machine and deep learning training.
I help Fortune 500 companies to up-skill in AI through intensive training programs and strategic advisory.
Before that, I was co-founder and Chief Data Officer at Spire, a YC-backed company that invented the first consumer wearable device capable of continuously tracking respiration and physical activity.
I have a joint Ph.D. in Physics and Biology from University of Padua and École Normale Supérieure in Paris.
I love mountains, playing music and cuban salsa.
Data Weekends™ are accelerated data science workshop for programmers where you can quickly learn to apply predictive analytics to real-world data. We offer courses in Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning.
Through our parent company Catalit LLC we also offer corporate training and consulting on Data Science, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
Data Weekends' founder and lead instructor is Francesco Mosconi, PhD.