DATA - Google Sheets 101 - Basics
What you'll learn
- A beginner-level familiarity with Google Sheets, navigation, and usage.
- Creating/manipulating spreadsheets
- Formatting, managing, and working with data in columns & rows
- Basic formulas
- A free Google account
- Basic knowledge of using a computer and web applications
Whether it's at home or at work, data and spreadsheets are becoming more important to understand. Google Sheets is a great, free option for tracking, manipulating, and analyzing all the data that makes up our lives.
In this course, we delve into the entry-level skills that beginners need to know in order to work with Google Sheets, starting with creating files and navigating the interface. From there, we dive into working with simple tables, formatting, basic formulas, built-in data hygiene functions, sorting, and filtering. The course ends with a capstone project designed to make use of the concepts discussed in the course, cement the learning, and create something practical in the process.
NOTE: This truly is a beginner's course, so if you have experience with Google Sheets already, consider the Intermediate or Advanced courses instead!
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to gain a baseline understanding of using Google Sheets for Office Productivity
- NOT students who are already familiar with Google Sheets, or who are looking for more in-depth guidance on data analysis, reporting, or formulas. You are looking for the Intermediate/Advanced courses!
Chris is the owner and head trainer for CrossFit Catonsville. He holds multiple fitness industry certifications including the ACSM Certified Personal Trainer and CrossFit Level 2 Coach credentials. He has been training clients one-on-one and in group classes for 10 years, and opened the doors on his own fitness studio in 2013. Since opening he has created and implemented dozens of business systems that fast-track lead to client conversation, client on-boarding, client retention, and marketing.