Collect, Extract and Use Online Data Quickly and More Easily
What you'll learn
- In this course, we'll walk through a series of handy data extraction tips and tricks
- We'll use real-world examples to learn how to create screenshots and print-friendly PDFs, pull data out of images using optical character recognition (OCR), extract tabular and non-tabular data from webpages, and automate online data retrieval tasks
- By the end of this course, you'll be able to use a variety of data extraction tools with confidence, so you can save time and be more effective!
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with Internet access
- Any modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, or Safari)
- Any spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice, or OpenOffice
- Some basic computer skills (cutting and pasting text, saving files into folders)
- Some rudimentary spreadsheet skills (data entry, formatting)
- A desire to learn!
- Save time and resources by learning these helpful data extraction tools and techniques!
In this course, we'll review a variety of data extraction methods in a series of short tutorials aimed at beginner and intermediate-level computer users.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to use these tools and techniques with confidence, so you can get the data you need more quickly and with less effort!
HOW IS THIS COURSE DIFFERENT?
My name is Kathleen, and I've been teaching technology to beginners under the moniker Robobunnyattack! since 2009. I believe that with the right approach, anyone can learn anything.
- My goal in this course is to help you learn how to easily collect and extract data from websites and other sources into useable, useful formats.
In this course, we'll walk through a series of helpful and practical data extraction tools and techniques. As we work together, I'll explain WHICH tools to use WHEN, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
As we review several real-world examples, we'll cover:
- How to create full-page screenshots and print-friendly PDFs from ANY website
- Using free OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tools to extract text out of scanned documents and other images
- How to QUICKLY extract useful information out of webpages and into your spreadsheet
- Strategies for converting hard-to-extract web data into organized tables
- How to automate online data retrieval tasks and other processes WITHOUT writing a single line of code!
By the end of this course, you'll be able to use a variety of data extraction tools with confidence, so you can save time and be more productive!
Here's just a sample of what my (awesome!) students have to say about this course:
"WOW — A definite favorite. Really helpful tools and tips to get information off your computer that is usable and more easily accessed. I'm incredibly grateful." —Kathleen B.
"This course opened lots of opportunity. I usually use desktop software or [web browser] plugins to do data extraction and this course added lots of knowledge. Recommended." —Arif N.
"Kathleen is brilliant teacher. She made this course so simple to follow. I loved the IFTTT method." —Sukh B.
"This is a really cool course. Everything is easy to understand and to follow." —Bronwyn W.
- This course includes lifetime access to over 1½ hours of step-by-step videos.
- You'll also get supplementary text lectures and links to helpful resources.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME?
- This completely depends on your availability and learning preference. You can work through all the video lectures in one afternoon, or pace yourself over several days or weeks — it's up to you!
WHAT IF THIS COURSE ISN'T FOR ME?
- This course comes with an unconditional 30-day Udemy-backed guarantee. Try out this course for 30 days and see for yourself if these data extraction tools are right for you. If you're not 100% satisfied with this course, simply request a full refund within 30 days — no conditions, no questions asked!
I'm confident you'll LOVE this course, and I'm excited to help you learn. Enrol now and you can start using these data extraction tricks to save time and effort today!
—Kathleen Farley (aka Robobunnyattack!)
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and intermediate-level computer users
- Knowledge workers seeking to strengthen their data management skills
- Learners of all ages who want to REALLY understand how to work more effectively with data –– not just memorize a series of steps!
Kathleen Farley is a computer geek, teacher, learner, vinyl junkie, hockey fan, and recovering non-profit executive. Occasionally she breaks (and fixes) computers. Not necessarily in that order.
The Montreal-born technologist trained as an audio engineer before moving to Hamilton, Canada in 2007. She now runs Maisonneuve Music, a Hamilton-based independent record label.
Kathleen teaches technology and management skills at a music industry school in Toronto, Canada. She's also the co-founder of Audiohackr, a startup that helps indie musicians, producers, and DIY labels make the most of technology.
Kathleen produces technology training videos under the moniker Robobunnyattack!