Data Analytics With Excel and Power BI
What you'll learn
- You will gain an advanced level of awareness on the types of data, the role of a data scientist and the types of.
- You will learn how to use advanced Excel Statistical functions
- You will learn how to gather, transform, model and visualize data with Power BI
- You will gain an advanced level of awareness on the types of machine learning and how it works
- You will feel confident in implementing Excel and Power BI data solutions to your orginisations
- A basic understanding of Probability and statics would be advantageous
- You should be familiar with working with Excel
This course is an introduction level course to business and data analytics. The aim is to address several competencies, Data awareness, statistical applications in excel, business intelligence software and machine learning awareness.
The first competency is data trend awareness. What are the different fields? What are the different analysis types and tool? and what are the general buzz terms? By the end of this section you should have an advanced level of awareness on the types of data, the role of a data scientist and the types of.
After this we ill look at Statistical application in Excel. By the end of this you should have the ability to carry out an interpenetrate the results from Descriptive Statistics, calculate probability and select samples and variables, Understand the power of hypothesis testing to solve business problems all within Excel
We will then move into power bi, and self-service tool for business intelligence. You will learn how do to simple transformations on data, how to model data using DAX and how to visualize data
When discussing data and business analytics you can not overlook machine learning. By the end of this course you will have an advanced level of awareness on how this works and where it can be applied.
By the end of this course you should feel comfortable Implementing business intelligence solutions to your organisation using tools such as Excel or Power BI that improve the current reporting system and add greater depth to the information to aid in the business decision making process.
Although this course only has 5 hours or so of video material, the reality is you should expect to take about 20 hours to really complete the course and gain full understanding. There are many activities to complete and it might be necessary to revisit tutorials to ensure you gained the knowledge that you want.
Who this course is for:
- Those exploring the idea of moving into data analytics for their career
- Those looking for bridging course to add to your current reporting skills
- Business Owners
- Data enthusiastic
- Those looking for a deep awareness of the field
Paula is a qualified CPA with over 15 years' experience in the fields of Accountancy, Business Management, Process improvement, Internal Audit, Group accountant, Operations Management and Training. All across a broad range of industries and sectors. Paula has been Key Speaker at many Accounting Events where her talks on Excel are received very positively. Taken from her experiences in Accounting and business fields, Paula also has Udemy courses for those wishing to upskill, especially in the area of Spreadsheets, Bookkeeping and Accounting.
In 2020 Paula was awarded with a Microsoft MVP award for her dedication to Excel and the Excel community.