Data Analytics: Intro to SQL using Healthcare Data (SSMS)
What you'll learn
- Master the basics to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Understand the basics to SQL - Select, Into, From, Where, Group by, Having, Order by.
- Learn to create, access, and drop databases.
- Learn to write complex SQL syntax - Joins, Nested Queries, Creating tables.
- Practice with a large healthcare database - thousands of rows, multiple tables.
- Become a data expert and add SQL to your resume.
- Gain applicable experience that will elevate your career!
- Healthcare Data
- Electronic Medical Record Data
- No SQL experience needed
- We will download Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft Excel is a plus
This course is a comprehensive introduction to SQL. This course is for everyone! Although we will be learning SQL using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio the skills learned in this course will easily transfer to other database languages (MySQL) and database management systems (Postgres, Oracle, etc.). The purpose of this course is to help you feel comfortable working with complex data and writing SQL scripts while becoming familiar with healthcare data.
It doesn’t matter whether you work in healthcare or not, the examples in this course will help you learn SQL. Individuals who know SQL are in high demand. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that many SQL experts make over $100,000 per year! Data analytics is a growing field and understanding SQL is essential to becoming an analytics guru.
During this course we will:
Learn the basics to SQL and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Write complex SQL syntax
Create Databases and inserting thousands of values
Analyze thousands of rows of data – real world healthcare data
Prepare data for visualizations such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
Design Entity Relationship Diagrams
Aggregate, format, and modify data using SQL operators and functions
Gain experience with Big Data and solving complex questions using data
Learn SQL Joins – working with multiple tables and databases
Practice, Practice, Practice.
And much more!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn SQL to make them better at their current job or find a new job.
- Students who want to get ahead of the learning curve and learn using applicable data.
- Healthcare professionals who want to become data experts.
- Those wanting to learn Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
Hello, my name is Curtis and I enjoy solving problems. More specifically, I enjoy solving problems through logical, strategic, and data-driven thinking. I studied finance before finding my passion for healthcare, which led to studying healthcare administration at the University of Minnesota. My passion for healthcare come when my daughter was born prematurely, only weighing 1 lb at birth. This passion was inspired by clinical professionals who are driven to help patients heal. I love knowing that my work is in turn helping clinicians and patients. I've recently found a love for teaching complex subjects and simplifying them.