Data Analytics and Applications in the Fashion Industry
What you'll learn
- How to apply data analytics in real-life
- How data can help a fashion business
- Industry-specific application of data analytics principles
- Fashion analytics
- Product recommendations
- Consumer-driven marketing
- Digital & web analytics
- Integrated demand forecasting
- Supply chain analytics for fashion companies
- Store localization, clustering, and in-store optimization
- Pricing optimization
- AI for uncovering fashion trends
- How to build a dashboard for a fashion company in Tableau
- No prior experience is required. We will start from the very basics
- You'll need to install Tableau
Business analytics and AI are two of the hottest topics in the fashion industry.
Not only that: the global brands that rely on intelligent data collection and processing have a strong competitive advantage over the ones that are data blind.
And this shouldn’t come as a surprise, right?
We live in the 2020s.
Today, in almost all industries, the most successful businesses leverage user data to extract meaningful insights and tailor their products to satisfy user wants and needs.
Netflix recommends to us the movies and TV series we want to see next.
Instagram knows which photos we want in our feed.
So… naturally … fashion brands would want to know which clothes we want to wear, what impact the discounts have on us, and how likely it is that we’ll return after our first purchase.
Top executives understand long-term gains in the fashion industry aren’t about one-off transactions. Instead, successful brands want to win us over for the long run. The best way to do that is by employing a strategy centered around hyper-personalization. This means leveraging analytics, data science, and AI to deliver a first-rate experience that will make us a repeated customer.
Pretending that current fashion trends are the same as they were a decade ago is as detrimental as operating without leveraging insights from data. The best brands will surpass you because they will:
Price items correctly
Know when to discount an item
Recommend the right items
Excel at engaging customers online
Stock the right styles
Be able to choose the right colors, fabrics, and sizes
Supply stores on time and efficiently
The goal of this course is to help you learn about analytics in the fashion industry. We want to help you understand the ways in which different types of analysis can be applied in the fashion world and why that would be helpful in practice.
To provide invaluable insights that correspond to the best practices in the industry, we partnered with an experienced executive who’s worked with some of the biggest brands in the industry. His current work contract doesn’t allow us to share more info. However, his working title as Director of Data and Analytics for one of the biggest companies in the industry speaks volumes of his expertise of the topics we’ll cover together.
This course is an invaluable opportunity for anyone who works in fashion or who wants to work in fashion and become a high-level executive. Moreover, the course can also be useful to data practitioners who would like to specialize/get hired in the fashion industry. Some of the interesting topics we will cover are:
Digital & web analytics
Integrated demand forecasting
Supply chain analytics for fashion companies
Store localization, clustering, and in-store optimization
Pricing optimization, and
AI for uncovering fashion trends
This course offers tremendous upside for the time you will dedicate to it. Not only can it be career-changing if you work in fashion, but it can also inspire you to transform your business if you’re a fashion entrepreneur who wants to succeed in the years to come.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to work in the fashion industry
- Students of data analytics
- People who want to work in the field of data analytics and want to learn how to apply their knowledge in practice
- Aspiring data analysts
- People who want to build a modern fashion brand
- Fashion executives eager to incorporate data-driven decision making in their business
365 Careers is the #1 best-selling provider of business, finance, and data science courses on Udemy. The company’s courses have been taken by more than 1,500,000 students in 210 countries. People working at world-class firms like Apple, PayPal, and Citibank have completed 365 Careers trainings.
Currently, the 365 focuses on the following topics on Udemy: 1) Finance – Finance fundamentals, Financial modeling in Excel, Valuation, Accounting, Capital budgeting, Financial statement analysis (FSA), Investment banking (IB), Leveraged buyout (LBO), Financial planning and analysis (FP&A), Corporate budgeting, applying Python for Finance, Tesla valuation case study, CFA, ACCA, and CPA
2) Data science – Statistics, Mathematics, Probability, SQL, Python programming, Python for Finance, Business Intelligence, R, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Tableau, the integration of SQL and Tableau, the integration of SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI, Credit Risk Modeling, and Credit Analytics, Data literacy, Product Management, Pandas, Numpy, Python Programming, Data Strategy
3) Entrepreneurship – Business Strategy, Management and HR Management, Marketing, Decision Making, Negotiation, and Persuasion, Tesla's Strategy and Marketing
4) Office productivity – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
5) Blockchain for Business
All of our courses are:
- Real-life tested
By choosing 365 Careers, you make sure you will learn from proven experts, who have a passion for teaching, and can take you from beginner to pro in the shortest possible amount of time.
If you want to become a financial analyst, a data scientist, a business analyst, a data analyst, a business intelligence analyst, a business executive, a finance manager, an FP&A analyst, an investment banker, or an entrepreneur365 Careers’ courses are the perfect place to start.