Darkest Secrets of Making a Pitch for Film and Television
What you'll learn
- Pitch to a Studio Executive, Producer, Name Actor or Private Investor
- Avoid Deadly Mistakes that make the person say "No" automatically
- Learn Secrets so you avoid being blindsided during your pitch
- Create the emotions of "Intrigue" and "Wanting" so the person easily says YES to your project
- Design Your Pitch to Seize the Attention of the person's Emotional Brain
- Learn the exact words and actions to SAVE YOUR PITCH if it goes bad and becomes awkward
Need your movie, TV series, streaming series or screenplay to be produced? Are you going to pitch a project to a studio executive, producer, name actor or private investor? Pitching means asking producers, name actors, and studio executives for help. No one pretends this is easy. "I’ve seen other filmmakers give presentations," says film producer/director/screenwriter Tom Marcoux, "Many presentations crashed and burned. But remember, people do this all the time, successfully. You can do it well." After gaining funds for a number of projects (one film went to the Cannes film market), Marcoux has compiled what worked and what didn't into this online course. Much of it builds on his observations of dire mistakes, his own and others’. He alerts you to the 10 Darkest Secrets of this process. Even better, you’ll find Countermeasures. Discover problems that pop up and how to solve them. Learn to avoid the traps that amateurs fall into. You’ll learn great skills and how to eliminate bad habits or wrong assumptions that can torpedo your pitch. When it comes to the vital skill of pitching your ideas and enrolling others into your vision, this course shows you the way.
"This insightful course shows you how to zing a curveball right past the parts of the Hollywood exec's brain that want to say no before you even make your pitch. You will learn what works when pitching, and more importantly, why, so you can get to YES much more often." - Danek S. Kaus, produced screenwriter
“Tom Marcoux gives you powerful methods so you easily gain rapport, trust and active responsiveness from important people.” – David Baron, co-author of Power Persuasion
Who this course is for:
- Film producers
- Film directors
- New filmmakers
- Television Producers, Directors, Writers
- Streaming Series Producers, Directors, Writers
- Writers, Novelists
- Actors wanting to pitch a film they want to star in
- Anyone who wants to create a TV series or streaming series
- Seasoned film and television directors
- Seasoned film and television producers
- Producer wanting to know how to get YES from a studio executive
- Producer wanting to get YES from a private investor
- Producer wanting to have a Name Actor say YES to their project
Tom Marcoux, Spoken Word Strategist, Novelist, Executive Coach and Feature Film Director, has built his expertise with his life journey. Tom won a special award at the EMMY AWARDS, and he directed a feature film that went to the Cannes Film market. He taught MBA students at STANFORD UNIVERSITY. Speaker-Author of over 50 books, Tom has two required textbooks for MBA students at Sofia University (on Authentic Marketing and Authentic Leadership Communication … the leadership book is “Shape the Future, Lead Like a Pro”). The San Francisco Examiner has designated Tom Marcoux as “The Personal Branding Instructor.”
As an international speaker-author, Tom has taught creative people how to break through the obstacles of fear, perfectionism and procrastination – so that they bring their finished projects to the world.
Tom speaks worldwide from Silicon Valley, CA, to New York, Thailand, New Zealand and more. He taught effective Pitch delivery to Stanford Entrepreneurs and Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs ... and more. As a CEO, Tom has led teams in the U.K, India and USA simultaneously.
Visit Tom's blog at GetTheBigYES.
See Tom's well-received Podcast "Succeed Even If" on YouTube, iTunes and Spotify.