What you'll learn
- Recognize phobias and fears, and distinguish between irrational and rational ones.
- Explore your dark side and contemplate human psychology in that light.
- Understand Machiavellians.
- Recognize, understand, and handle manipulation in daily situations.
- Become familiar with the basics of empathy.
- Comprehend the nature of self-sabotaging behavior, its effects, and prevention methods.
- Contemplate the background of a conscience, morals, and ethics.
- Find out what moves a serial killer to perform criminal acts.
- Gain knowledge about the fundamentals of criminal profiling.
- Become aware of some of the evilest people in history and their atrocities against humanity.
- Learn more about the psychology that leads people to sadism and sadomasochism.
- See what blackmail encompasses and how recognize or avoid it.
- Learn the basics of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and its controversies.
- Become acquainted with persuasion techniques in relationships and sales.
- Understand various price psychology tactics.
- Learn about the secrets of effective copywriters to sell anything.
- Become familiar with dark marketing and the companies that apply it in today's social media campaigns.
- Get more insights about herd mentality and its influence on society.
- Learn the primal nature of the seduction game, and what's behind it.
- Discern between flirting techniques from both males and females.
- Understand the pushy persuasion techniques in cat-fishing scams, pyramid schemes, Ponzi schemes and timeshare presentations.
- Get a better grasp of the prevalence, economy, and manipulation behind human trafficking.
- Understand the origin, consequences, and treatment methods for verbal, emotional, spiritual, and sexual abuse.
- Become more aware of the nature, consequences, and lies behind false rape accusations.
- Comprehend the psychology of codependency in relationships.
- Know what to look for when domestic violence might be an issue.
- Discern the differences between psychopathy and sociopathy.
- Recognize signs of psychopathy.
- Get a deeper understanding of how a psychopath's brain works.
- Learn how to recognize and handle children with psychopathic tendencies.
- Become familiar with different personality types.
- Gain knowledge about the Barnum Effect, paranoia, and the questionable concept of trust.
- Learn what emotional intelligence is and how to develop more of it.
- Get a better understanding of how emotions develop in one's childhood.
- Become cognizant about jealousy and envy, and their origins and consequences.
- Open your eyes to how much deception and self-deception play a role in the human mind.
- Learn the difference between shame, guilt, and embarrassment, and their applications in different situations.
- Learn to forgive yourself more easily, so you can move on in life.
- Become familiar with deception in propaganda, statistics, fake news, politics, and smear campaigns.
- Understand the power of influence, charisma, and peer pressure both online and offline.
- Comprehend the basics of brainwashing and thought reform in cults, governments, and the military.
- Question the ethics of obedience to authority.
- Get a grasp of the influence the Milgram Experiment has had on psychologists' perception of free will.
- Learn more about conspiracy theories that were true or could be true.
- Understand the basics of the Dark Triad.
- Become familiar with the drama triangle, and how it applies to everyday situations and society at large.
- Gain knew insights about perception, perspective, and our views on life.
- Get an understanding of where dyslexia and dyscalculia come from and what to do about them.
- Realize how addictions can ruin lives and how to break through them.
- Understand the impact of stress and anxiety, and learn ways to prevent or handle anxiety.
- Get a deeper comprehension of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Become familiar with universal body language and nonverbal communication.
- Become a better lie detector by learning which signs are dead giveaways.
- Understand what the benefits and risks are of hypnosis and self-hypnosis.
- Become cognizant of the influence of neurotransmitters like dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, endorphins, and cortisol on our emotions and behavior.
- Learn how to manage anger better.
- Gain more knowledge about the prevalence and cultural and individual circumstances that contribute to suicidal thoughts and acts.
- Find out what causes people to become depressed and how to prevent it.
- An open mind and strong interest in human psychology.
This course will teach you everything about the dark side of human psychology. The good, the bad, and especially the ugly elements of the mind will be highlighted in almost every aspect of this series. Human behavior at its worst may be difficult for some people to swallow, but it is all real and part of life. So, if you have the stomach to be confronted with it, go ahead. It's not a course about light psychology. If you like unicorns and rainbows, then it might be better for you to stay in your comfort zone.
Perhaps this course will strip you of a certain naivety you possessed before. Perhaps it will open your eyes to corners of your own mind you never suspected were there. Perhaps you will gain greater insights in what's happening in your family circle, your local supermarket, or your country. Whatever it does, I hope this doesn't make you lose faith in humanity but see things for what they are and how they can be improved. There are many good people. This course focuses on extremities and provides us psychological insights. Influence and persuasion can be innocent tools in daily situations, or they can lead to abuse, manipulation, and exploitation. My intention is to show you both sides to deepen your understanding of the controversial differences and opposition that exist.
This is no small course. Packed together in hours and hours of deep psychological information, you will find yourself questioning underlying intentions, bold but deceiving messages, hidden motives, and limitations of what people do and why. The course is split up into different sections, and each of them will deal with a different topic that somehow relates to evil, deception, lies, manipulation, persuasion, influence, emotions, abuse, personality disorders, and other fascinating and/or lamentable aspects of our short lives on this planet. The topics will vary from individual relationships and self-awareness to crime, marketing, sales, and political agendas on a national and global scale.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn more about human psychology.
I was born and raised in the Netherlands. I speak Dutch and English fluently, and several other languages well. I am an artist, author, and entrepreneur. Many of my business and writing skills have been put to good use in the publishing industry, as a well as in technical aspects on the internet and for various companies. I am happy to show you what I know about a number of topics, related or unrelated to each other. You're never too young or old to learn, and it begins by simply taking a course or listening to someone with more experience.
My whole life, I've developed a passion for art, for drawing and painting. I've been to art university and have successfully taught hundreds of people how to become a better artist and make an income with it. Some of my video courses will, therefore, refer to various techniques and methods I've learned that can help you paint, draw, or digitally edit images. Other videos courses will refer to money-making skills or marketing tricks I've learned over the years.