Cypress: Web Automation Testing from Zero to Hero
What you'll learn
- How to set up and configure Cypress
- How to build locators for any Web Elements using powerful jQuery Selector Engine built-in Cypress (forget about X-Path)
- How to interact and automate any kind of web components
- What is API. How to interact with APIs, mock API response and make assertions. Also how to create test data precondition using API calls and Headless user authentication
- How to organize and reuse code with Page Object design pattern.
- How to configure multiple custom reporters, retry logic for failed tests and run tests in Docker container
- Parallel test execution, Cross Browser and Visual testing
We will start with the very basic concepts of Web UI Automation so you will have the right foundation from the beginning (From Zero). Even if you will use any other framework for web automation in the future, the basics from this class will remain with you forever and will be very useful. I promise that you will be a GURU in building locators for any web element on the page. This is one of the most important parts of UI Automation and I have spent a lot of time on a detailed explanation of that.
Unlike many other Automation frameworks, Cypress can interact with APIs as well and you can automate API testing with Cypress actually. So again, if you don't know what API is about, we will start with Zero and learn everything you need to know about Cypress capabilities for API interaction.
And we definitely go through Page Objects, which is very important to use! When you have 10 to 20 tests, you can maintain your code as is, but when you have 200-300 tests, the maintainability of the test framework is a number one priority. The right structure of page objects is a key for the code reusability (no copy/paste your code) and maintainability.
Also, we will go thought different advanced topics such as environment variables, setting up multiple reporters, cypress retry plugin for failed tests and eventually we will run tests in Docker Container. If that will be your first experience with Docker, no worries, we will talk about basic Docker concepts as well.
By the end of the class, trust me, you will be a Cypress Hero :)
Who this course is for:
- Manual QA Engineers who willing to pick up first automation framework
- Automation Engineers who switching from Selenium to Cypress
- Developers who want quickly pick up automation with Cypress
- Cypress begginers
Lead Automation Engineer at SignifyHealth with more than 5 years of experience. Built automation frameworks from scratch with Selenium/Selenide using Java and C# for companies like American Airlines. Experienced with Angular Unit Testing, API Automation with frameworks like Rest Assured and Karate DSL. True Cypress enthusiast and mentor in TestPro. Professional Certified Scrum Master