Cypress V9 - Automation Testing in Detail (35+ hours) - 2022
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course, you will be able to build simplistic to advanced automation tests for any Web Application using Cypress
- You will gain advanced knowledge to build both UI and API tests
- Learn XHR/API testing using Cypress for building smart Automation tests
- Complete understanding of Cypress components for generating test execution videos, screenshots & reports
- You will understand how to execute your tests in parallel using a CI system (Jenkins & Agents)
- You will learn advanced architectural concepts (Page Object Modelling and more)
- Some knowledge of programming would be beneficial (not critical)
- Some basic JS, HTML and CSS knowledge would also be useful (not critical)
This is the most detailed Cypress course on Udemy. It includes 35+ hours of content, 400+ code examples, comes with a dedicated e-commerce store to gain real life experience, and covers everything you need to know.
You will learn Cypress to an advanced level and gain a competitive edge to meet job demands.
Key Topics this course covers:
Fundamentals of Cypress io
Setting up Cypress cleanly
Creating a range of UI and API tests (beginner to advanced level)
Statics gathering and analysis using the Cypress dashboard
Triggering tests using a CI system (Jenkins)
Parallel test execution (in great detail)
Advanced API testing
And much more (check out the course syllabus)
Key Features of Cypress:
Easy setup - Installing Cypress is simple. No dependencies, extra downloads, or changes to your code required.
Write tests - Write tests easily and quickly, and watch them execute in real time as you build your web application.
Run tests - Debugging your tests in CI is as easy as running tests locally. With built in parallelization and load balancing.
Record tests - Record CI test data, screenshots and video - and view aggregated, next-level insights in your Dashboard.
Benefits of Cypress:
Developer friendly - Cypress has been made specifically for developers and QA engineers, to help them get more done.
Open source - Cypress benefits from our amazing open source community - and Cypresses tools are evolving better and faster than if we worked on them alone.
Built from the ground up - Cypress is based on a completely new architecture. No more Selenium. Lots more power.
What sets Cypress apart?
Time travel - Cypress takes snapshots as your tests run. Simply hover over commands in the Command Log to see exactly what happened at each step.
Debugging - Stop guessing why your tests are failing. Debug directly from familiar tools like Chrome DevTools. The readable errors and stack traces make debugging lightning fast.
Real time reloads - Cypress automatically reloads whenever you make changes to your tests. See commands execute in real time in your app.
Automatic waiting - Never add waits or sleeps to your tests. Cypress automatically waits for commands and assertions before moving on. No more async hell.
Why this course?
This course combines all of the BEST free knowledge that is out there in one place
This course is taught by a real automation test engineer that is an automation test lead at his place of employment
This course has been designed, refined and perfected to maximise the learning experience
This course perfects the teaching techniques by experience learned from the mentors previous courses
Before and after code examples provided on almost every coding lecture
Questions usually always answered in 24 hours
Course recorded using high quality recording software and microphone to give the best learning experience
This is the course I wish I had when learning Cypress. This course makes learning Cypress easy and enjoyable. Learn the right way from an experienced instructor.
Who this course is for:
- Students completely new to automation testing
- Manual testers looking to enter the automation testing space
- Anyone interested in automation testing and wanting to learn one of the most popular frameworks out there
- Front end developers interested in automation testing using a language they will be familiar with
- Intermediate and advanced students wanting to learn new concepts and techniques
My name is Gianni Bruno and my goal is to help anyone learn automation testing either to gain new skills, change careers or to progress in their current field. I am a lead automation test engineer with many years of experience.
I started as a manual tester and swiftly moved into test automation as it started gaining momentum. Since then, I have progressed from a junior automation tester, senior automaton tester, and now an automation team lead.
To date, I have taught over 50,000 students and have used my teaching experience to ensure my students get the very most out of my courses. My courses are lean, effective and efficient. I ensure they are well structured, easy to follow and well designed from start to finish.
I have had many students message me saying how my courses have gained them new jobs and promotions. This is what I strive for!
I welcome you to check out my courses and if you do decide to enroll, then I hope you enjoy my content and learn many new things.
All the best,