Cyber Security - Learn Data Security & Combat Cyber Threats
What you'll learn
- Explain the differences between Threat, Vulnerability, and Risk
- Explore the needed skills set and job profiles in the field of Cybersecurity
- Discuss the evolution of threats and the types of security goals
- Define what cybersecurity is
- Learn the Importance of Cybersecurity
- Differentiate Networking Devices such as Router and Switch
- Differentiate IP, MAC, and PORT Address
- Define DNS and VPN
- Learn Hacking and the different Types of Hackers
- Learn the fundamentals of networking
- Discuss the layers of the OSI Model
- Explain the different networking protocols such as TCP, HTPP, UDP, ARP, and DHCP
- How to troubleshoot a network
- Learn the different types of attacks
- Know the different types of malware
- Explain the Man in the Middle and Denial of Service Attack
- Discuss what is Distributed Denial of Service Attack
- How to recognize Sniffing, Phishing, SQL Injection, Cross-site Scripting, and Post Scanning Attack
- Define Cryptography and why we need it
- Discuss important terminologies in Cryptography
- Know the different types of ciphers
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of Symmetric and Asymmetric Keys
- Learn what is Digital Signature and the Signing and Verification Process
- Know how to check the Integrity of a Message
- Discuss the different security measures
- Learn the various types of firewalls
- Learn Cyber Law and why there is a need for it
- Discuss the classifications of cyber crime
- Definition, Process, and Types of Digital Forensics
- Create KALI Linux Virtual Machine in VMWARE
- No requirement, we shall start from basic and end at advanced to become you pro in cyber security
- Access to an internet connection, computer, and network
- Must have ability to follow the step by step instructions during downloading and installation of software
- Basic understanding of cyber security is a plus. However, this is not quite necessary
Get instant access to an 87-page workbook of Cyber Security Awareness
Introduce yourself to our community of students in this course and tell us your goals
Encouragement and celebration of your progress every step of the way: 25% > 50% > 75% & 100%
8 hours of clear and concise step by step instructions, lessons, and engagement
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about cyber security and how to combat the very real threats that everyone faces from hacking and catastrophic loss of data. This course is beginner-friendly, does not require technical cyber security skills, and is meant for everyone who wishes to help secure their own data, and their organisation's data from hackers and cyber threats.
What you will learn:
Define what cyber security is
Discuss the evolution of threats and the types of security goal
Learn the Importance of cyber security
Explain the differences between Threat, Vulnerability, and Risk
Differentiate Networking Devices such as Router and Switch
Differentiate IP, MAC, and PORT Address
Define DNS and VPN
Learn Hacking and the different Types of Hackers
Explore the needed skills set and job profiles in the field of cyber security
Learn the fundamentals of networking and security
Discuss the layers of the OSI Model
Explain the different networking protocols such as TCP, HTPP, UDP, ARP, and DHCP
How to troubleshoot a network to improve security
Learn the different attacks
Know the different types of malware and how they affect security
Explain the Man in the Middle and Denial of Service Attack
Discuss what is Distributed Denial of Service Attack
How to recognize Sniffing, Phishing, SQL Injection, Cross-site Scripting, and Post Scanning Attack
Define Cryptography and why we need it for cyber security
Discuss important terminologies in Cryptography
Know the different ciphers
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of Symmetric and Asymmetric Keys
Learn what is Digital Signature and the Signing and Verification Process
Know how to check the Integrity of a Message
Discuss the different security measures
Learn the various types of firewalls and their security
Learn Cyber Law and why there is a need for it
Discuss the classifications of cyber crime
Definition, Process and Digital Forensics
Contents and Overview
You'll start with What is Cyber security; Evolution of Cyber Threats; Three Types of Security Goals; Importance of cyber security; Threat, Vulnerability, and Risk; Networking Devices such as Router and Switch; What is an IP Address; What is a MAC Address; What is a PORT Address; What is DNS and VPN; Learn Hacking and the different Types of Hackers; Job Profiles in the field of cyber security; Important cyber security Skills.
Then you will learn about Computer Networks; The OSI Model; OSI Layers Protocols; HTTP Protocol; TCP Protocol; UDP Protocol; the Difference between UDP and TCP Protocol; DHCP Protocol; ARP Protocol; What is an IP address and its types; What is a Port Address and its types; Network Troubleshooting; What is an Attack; Categories of Cyber Attacks; Password attack and its types; Malware Attack; Types of Malware; Man in the Middle Attack; Sniffing Attack; DOS Attack; What is DDOS Attack; Phishing Attack; SQL Injection Attack; Example of SQL Injection Attack; Cross-site Scripting Attack; Post Scanning Attack.
We will also cover Post Scanning Attack; The Need for Cryptography; Basic Cryptography System; What is Encryption; What is Decryption; Define Plain text; What is Secret Key; What is Cipher text; Cryptography System; Cryptography in everyday life; Types of Cryptography; Symmetric Key Cryptography; Asymmetric Key Cryptography; What is Hashing; Hashing Algorithm; Techniques of Hashing; What is Substitution Cipher; What is Transposition Cipher; Cesar Cipher and how it works; Transposition Cipher; Stream Cipher; Block Cipher; Advantages of Symmetric Key Cryptography; Why Asymmetric key cryptography is important; Advantages of Asymmetric Key Cryptography; Digital Signature; Signing and Verification Process; How to check the Integrity of a Message and increase security
This course will also tackle Security Measures; What is a Firewall; Types of Firewall; Cyber Law; Why there is a need for Cyber Law; What is Cyber Crime; Classification of Cyber Crime; Cyber Crimes Against Person; Cyber Crime Against Persons Property; Cyber Crime against Government; Cyber Crime against Society at Large; Definition of Digital Forensics; Process of Digital Forensics; Digital Forensics.
Who are the Instructors?
Vijal Jain is your lead instructor – a professional making a living from teaching cyber security. As a cyber security expert, she has joined with content creator Peter Alkema to bring you this amazing new course.
You'll get premium support and feedback to help you become more confident with finance!
Our happiness guarantee...
We have a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, so if you aren't happy with your purchase, we will refund your course - no questions asked!
We can't wait to see you on the course!
Enroll now, and we'll help you improve your cyber security !
Peter and Digital Regenesys
Who this course is for:
- Those who are searching their career in cyber security.
- Those who want to save their sensitive data from hackers
- Those who want to become professional in cyber security
- IT professionals and cyber security managers
In my courses you learn practical skills: "I feel like I am in a real classroom." - Kira Minehart
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema". Or Tulongeni Shilunga: "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I also help lead digital transformation at FirstRand, the biggest financial services group in Africa. I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 17,000 students about business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"
The ongoing digital revolution demands a new breed of professionals to succeed in the new digital world where new technologies have sparked rapid innovation.
To give you a competitive advantage, we have developed cutting-edge digital technology programmes in the areas of information technology and management. Our programmes are facilitated by leading experts, entrepreneurs, and academics from top local and international institutions.
Get inspired and energised to transform your career with programmes grounded in the realities of the new digital world.