Cyber Security Threat Intelligence Researcher Preview
- Familiar with cyber exploits and breaches that have occurred in the public
Welcome to this FREE course preview of the Cyber Security Threat Intelligence Researcher Certification.
The Cyber Security Threat Intelligence Researcher Certification will help you acquire the skills needed to find out who is behind an attack, what the specific threat group is, the nation from which the attack is being launched, as well as techniques being used to launch this attack.
You will know how to take a small piece of malware, find out who is responsible for launching it, the threat actor location and also how to take down that threat actor, with the support of your local law enforcement.
In today’s cyber security landscape, it isn't possible to prevent every attacks. Today’s attackers have significant funding, are patient, sophisticated, and target vulnerabilities in people and processes as well as technologies. With organizations increasingly relying on digitized information and sharing vast amounts of data across the globe, they have become easier targets for many different forms of attack. As a result, every company’s day-to-day operations, data and intellectual property are seriously at risk. In a corporate context, a cyber attack can not only damage your brand and reputation, it can also result in loss of competitive advantage, create legal/regulatory noncompliance and cause steep financial damage.
Today’s secure environment will have vulnerabilities in it tomorrow, so an organization cannot allow itself to become complacent. There is only so much an organization can do by defending itself against threats that have already occurred. If an organization only reacts to new threats as they come up, are likely acting too late. It is important to understand and prioritize cyber threat intelligence processes, and how they can be integrated into an organization’s security operations in a way that adds value.
Cyber threat intelligence (CTI) is an advanced process enabling organizations to gather valuable insights based on analysis of contextual and situational risks. These processes can be tailored to the organization’s specific threat landscape, industry and market. This intelligence can make a significant difference to organizations' abilities to anticipate breaches before they occur. Giving organizations the ability to respond quickly, decisively and effectively to confirmed breaches allows them to proactively maneuver defense mechanisms into place, prior to and during the attack.
In this course, we’ll introduce you to the 8 phases of threat intelligence:
- Hunting - The goal of hunting is to establish techniques to collect samples from different sources that help to start profiling malicious threat actors.
- Features Extraction - The goal of Features Extraction is to identify unique Static features in the binaries that help to classify them into a specific malicious group.
- Behavior Extraction - The goal of Behavior Extraction is to identify unique Dynamic features in the binaries that help to classify them into a specific malicious group.
- Clustering and Correlation - The goal of Clustering and Correlation is to classify malware based on Features and Behavior extracted and correlate the information to understand the attack flow.
- Threat Actor Attribution - The goal of Threat Actors is to locate the threat actors behind the malicious clusters identified.
- Tracking - The goal of tracking is to anticipate new attacks and identify new variants proactively.
- Taking Down - The goal of Taking down is to Dismantled Organized Crime Operations.
- anyone interested in preventing cyber threats
- Course Intro03:57
- Phases Overview Part 103:40
- Phases Overview Part 205:40
- Phases Overview Part 305:29
- Hunting Part 106:11
- Hunting Part 209:22
- Features Extraction Part 107:50
- Features Extraction Part 207:17
- Behavior Extraction Part 106:53
- Behavior Extraction Part 205:54
- Behavior Extraction Part 306:45
- Clustering and Correlation08:04
- Threat Actor Attribution Part 105:27
- Threat Actor Attribution Part 205:58
- Taking Down08:12
Join the Cyber Security Industry in 2018!
Interested in starting a career in the Cyber Security Industry? 2018 is the time!
Learning the fundamentals of Cyber Security provides you with a powerful, and very useful, set of skills. Learn to think like a hacker so you can better defend your networks and data by studying Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking.
Jobs in Cyber Security are plentiful. Receiving your Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Hacker Forensic Investigator, Penetration Tester and Security+ certification will give you a strong background to more easily tackle and pick up more advanced exams, such as the CISSP certification.
Get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security position paying upwards of six figures! There are currently over one million Cyber Security job openings globally. Demand is greatly outpacing supply which means more opportunity, job security and higher pay for you!
But, don't take our word for it... take a look at the FREE previews (they are available in all our courses) and see for yourself!
CyberTraining 365 is an online academy that offers most in-demand cybersecurity training and certification through different subscription models. Members have access to the ever growing library of quality, engaging videos that are taught by some of industry’s best and most recognized experts.
CyberTraining365 is powered by Social27's patented cloud-based eLearning platform, providing members with an engaging and collaborative learning environment. Through best in class content, social learning tools, and gamification, CyberTraining365 is taking eLearning from Isolation to Collaboration.