- 10.5 hours on-demand video
- 69 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- 1 coding exercise
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Start a career in Cyber Security
- Analyze systems for vulnerabilities and security flaws
- Build secure web applications
- Use Python to build tools for security analysis
- Use Python to build general purpose tools
- Detect and analyze security threats to web applications
- Be well versed in the current Cyber Security landscape
- No prior experience with Cyber Security required
- Basic understanding of how the web works will be useful
- No prior experience with programming necessary - Python crash course included in the course!
*** Course updated 10/30/2018 (always kept up-to-date) ***
Learn a practical skill-set in detecting and defeating online threats and become a Cyber Security Specialist - not just in theory - but in practice.
Go from a beginner to advanced in this easy to follow expert course by building security analysis tools using the wildly popular Python programming language, along with analyzing web application security vulnerabilities and solutions using frameworks like Ruby on Rails and php.
There is NO platform dependency in this course - You can use any platform you choose - Windows, MacOS and Linux.
No prior experience required with Python or any of the topics covered in this course - There is a Python crash course included!
This course covers the fundamental building blocks of your required skill set - some key items include:
Building and Publishing Security Tools - Dynamic web app security scanner, Password hashing and encrypt tool among many others!
Web Application Vulnerability Mitigation
Password Complexity Analysis
Antivirus Evasion Remediation
Network Traffic Analysis
Wireless Access Point Protection
Programming with Python
We also cover the biggest threats in the information technology world today, including:
Sensitive Data Exposure
and many more!
You will get lifetime access to over 100 lectures and 11 hours of video lectures plus corresponding text guides for the lectures!
This course comes with a 30 day money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied in any way, you'll get your money back, no questions asked!
So what are you waiting for? Learn Cyber Security, Python for Cyber Security and Web Application Security in a way that will advance your career and increase your knowledge, all in a fun and practical way!
- Beginners in the cyber security and/or information technology world
- Professionals looking to improve their knowledge in using Python for cyber security
- Beginners in web application security
- Students curious about security in information technology and its practical applications
- Cyber security professional switching to Python
- Student looking to learn Python programming and how it's applied in Cyber Security
An overview of what we will be covering in this course and how it is structured.
We take a look at a quick example of a log analysis security tool.
This is the kind of tool that you will be able to build using Python once you finish this course.
We will use https://repl.it/ for this example.
The code for the log analyzer tool. Be sure to download the access.log file from the lecture resources to try as your sample input.
We take a look at another security tool, this time it is a password checker.
You will be able to easily build Python tools like these once you finish this course.
We will use the https://haveibeenpwned.com API for this example.
An introductory look at what is covered in section 2