Cyber Security: A Day in the Life
What you'll learn
- Day-to-day Cyber Security operations
- Examples of real-life, Cyber Security incidents
- What working a full day in Cyber Security is like
- Entry-level roles and responisbilites
- Basic computer & internet knowledge.
Live a day as a Cyber Security professional.
Have you ever wondered what working in Cyber Security is really like? You've read the articles, you've seen the YouTube videos, they all tell you that Cyber Security is a booming field. But what does your day-to-day actually look like?
After this course, you'll have a clear picture of the work a typical, entry-level Cyber Security professional does.
This course simulates working a full day as an entry-level Cyber Security professional. You'll experience 6 hand-crafted incidents ranging from Incident Response, Email Security, and other various tasks that Cyber professionals partake in.
This course is meant for beginners, and is not technical. No technical knowledge of Cyber Security is required.
No vague descriptions of your roles and responsibilities here, this course will dive into incidents and give you a taste of what Cyber professionals actually do everyday by challenging you to think along.
The SOC (Security Operations Center) might seem like a complete mystery, we demystify it by showing you exactly what kind of work you'll encounter. There is no need to shy away from this booming field because you've heard that it might be "extremely technical" or "only for smart people". This course is low-commitment, but eye-opening. We've worked hard to build a course that can hopefully convince you to take that first step into Cyber Security.
See you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in what a real day in Cyber Security looks like.
- If you're on the fence on dedicating time to learn the technical aspects of Cyber Security - use this course to decide if Cyber Security is really a field you want to enter (it's an incredible, opportunity filled field!)
- If you're an aspiring Cyber Security student - use this course to gain a clearer picture of the kind of work you'll be doing.
Guiding the next generation of security professionals, one step at a time.
Stepping Security brings fresh insight to Information Security & students worldwide, creating approachable, beginner friendly material in hopes of sparking a desire to enter the booming field.
We avoid 10+ hour courses, and instead focus on brief, high-quality material for you to dive into. From technical to non-technical topics, Stepping Security has something to offer to everyone in the field.