Customer Service & Support Excellence: Advanced Soft Skills
What you'll learn
- Customer Service and Support Excellence
- Customer Service and Support Soft Skills
- How to develop soft skills
- How to use Emotional Intelligence in Customer Service
- How to adopt a Growth Mindset in Customer Service
- The importance of customer service in any industry
- How to think about customers and their experiences
- How to self-reflect and dig deeper into your mindset and your reactions
- The different types of empathy
- How to turn bad situations into positive customer experiences
- How to evaluate stress and understand its origin
- How to deal with escalations
- How to handle the customer’s expectations
- How to follow through, close the case, and ask for feedback
- There are no prerequisites for this course
About The Course:
This course is useful for anyone working with customers and who is interested in how to deliver an excellent customer service and support experience. It is primarily designed for people working in customer service. Regardless if you are a front-line agent, or a director of customer service, this course will teach you how to think about customer service. I created the course on the premise that you must deliver extreme satisfaction to each customer, on every ticket that you get.
The course was created on the mental model that, no matter how bad the situation is, the outcome must always be positive. The course is meant to teach you different ways of approaching customers in various scenarios, to always work towards a positive outcome.
This course is designed to teach you how to develop the necessary skills to deliver world-class customer service experiences. It is designed to teach you how to adopt a growth mindset attitude when it comes to dealing with customers. The course is not designed for a specific industry as it applies to any industry.
What you will learn:
1. You will learn how to think about customers and their experiences.
You will learn about the philosophy behind customer service and how to adopt a healthy mental model to use in your interactions.
2. You will understand the importance of customer service in any industry.
I will elaborate why customer service is important to any business, and I will cover key aspects regarding its value including how to advocate for the customer.
3. You will learn how to self-reflect and dig deeper into your mindset and your reactions
You will do a self-assessment and I will discuss about the customer-focused paradigm. I will also cover self-sabotage and elaborate on a couple philosophical concepts that you can adopt.
4. You will learn about the different types of empathy
I will talk about the three types of empathy and what they mean, how they affect your mental state and behavior. I will also tell you about a personal story and then continue with a scenario.
5. You will gain knowledge regarding how to handle the customer’s expectations.
I will talk about how to analyze an issue to correctly determine the customer’s sentiment, and how to find common ground when dealing with a customer.
6. You will also learn how to turn bad situations into positive customer experiences.
I will cover how to deal with unsatisfied customers; what to say, and what not to say, and how to earn trust, respect and appreciation from your customers.
7. You will learn how to evaluate stress and understand its origin.
I will discuss about what constitutes a stressful situation in customer service and how you should look at it.
8. Finally, you will learn how to follow through, close the case, and ask for feedback.
I will talk about what constitutes a solution and what to do before closing a case, depending on the situation you are in.
Who this course is for:
- Business Owners
- Customer Service and Support Professionals
- Customer Success Managers
- Technical Support Engineers
- Anyone who wants to start a career in Customer Service
- Anyone interested in how to deliver Customer Service and Support Experiences
Hi! My name is Alex Tofan and I am a former Microsoft Senior Technical Support Engineer.
As a Support Engineer, my job was to provide technical support to Enterprise customers. I enjoy working with customers and helping companies resolve technical blockers to accelerate their digital transformation projects. In my previous role I provided technical support for Power Apps, Power Automate (aka Microsoft Flow), Power Virtual Agents, and Common Data Service.
I’ve been holding various customer-facing roles for the past 16 years and I have decided to create the Customer Service & Support Excellence: Advanced Soft Skills course to help those who interact with customers learn more about the customer-focused mindset.
I hope you will find my course useful!