Customer Service 101: All the basics you need to know (2022)
What you'll learn
- Understand the work environment when working in a customer service department
- Understand how call handling and problem solving work
- Understanding GDPR and how it’s enforced
- How to be a team player
- There are no requirements, you can either lay back, relax, listen to the videos, take notes if you wish
- You don’t have to write down everything, you will be given the PDF of the course
- If you wish, you can debate with other students and ask questions, share your personal experiences, etc
Are you new to the job market and unsure what to do?
Are you trying to change careers?
Are you just curious about what customer service agents do?
WE GOT YOU COVERED!
In this course, you'll discover:
- Numbers about CS jobs and numbers + a typical day in the life of a customer service agent
- How to ace the interview - Study who you want to work for
- How a company is structured
- Cultural respect
- Common abbreviations
- Empathy and its limits
- How to negotiate with a customer
- A typical call structure and problem resolution
- Facts and myths of the job
- Teamwork tips
What are the requirements or prerequisites?
You can either lay back, relax, listen to the videos, take notes if you wish.
You don’t have to write down everything, you will be given the PDF of the course.
If you wish, you can debate with other students and ask questions, share your personal experiences, etc.
Let's get ready to jump in and learn a lot of stuff!
Format of this course: Me in a little rectangle in the corner reading a full screen PDF that I wrote for the students.
Only the introduction video is animated.
Not happy? That happens! Make sure you use the refund policy :)
Who this course is for:
- Young employees trying to change jobs
- Current customer service employees trying to get better at their job
- Students who want to see what a customer service job is about
I'm Emilie, a 25 years old instructor from South Belgium. I have studied education in high school and passed my first aid certificate.
I'm officially certified as an Entrepreneur in Belgium since 2019.
I study and teach most of the time. During two years at university, I was doing a bachelor to become a Human Sciences teacher. I've studied English in York in 2011 and taught myself many things : Story-writing, video conception, poetry, music, and computer-related topics.
I love learning and I love teaching, what a perfect match. I'm also interested in animals, cinema and technology. My guilty pleasure is playing video games. I produce music and DJ on my free time.