Customer Research & Data-Driven Decision Making
What you'll learn
- Conduct the customer research in the right order
- Plan and conduct quantitative research
- Identify customer target segment
- Review and refine the product vision
- Conduct qualitative research
- Prepare for a customer interview
- Conduct a successful customer interview
- Build customer persona
- Build customer journey
- Understand the key concepts of statistics
- Use samples to derive conclusion about population
- Identify mean and proportion
- Describe the normal distribution and apply Empirical rule
- Set null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis
- Calculate confidence intervals for means and proportions
- Set up experiment criteria
- Apply various sampling techniques
- Avoid common mistakes and biases
- Understand the difference between MVP and prototype
- Plan an MVP
- Use multiple usability research methods
- Understand the difference between usability research and user research
- Plan and conduct an A/B test
- There are no prerequisites
In order to survive in the market these days, it is absolutely critical to understand who your customers are, what are their needs, wants, goals and pain points. Missing a step in customer research, interviewing the wrong people or misinterpreting the experiment results can lead to poor sales, bad reviews and even to the product failure. At the same time, a holistic approach based on science and best practices will help you to maximize value delivered to the customers, and as a result bring your business to success.
This is the second course in "Product Owner Academy" series. In this course we are going to take a deep dive into the world of customer research, statistics, user testing and data-driven decision making. You don't have to have any prior knowledge of the subject, as we will learn all the concepts from the basics.
What will you learn
After completing this course you will be able to confidently plan and execute quantitative and qualitative customer research, build customer personas, design customer journey and product vision. You will also learn how to confidently navigate the world of statistics, estimating means and proportions of the population, setting up confidence intervals and margin of error, defining null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis, calculating the rejection regions and criteria for decision. On top of that you will become familiar with various approaches to usability testing, learn how to set up an A/B test, how to design MVP and what is the difference between MVP and prototype.
The course includes many activities using Miro (a free online whiteboard tool), knowledge tests and a lot of practical examples and pieces of advice on how to apply the new skills and knowledge to practice. There are also downloadable materials and useful links to help you maximize your learning outcomes.
Whom is this course for
While this course is designed with Product Owners in mind, it would definitely be useful for people involved in product or service development - startup and business owners, product team members, product and project managers and anyone else interested in customer research and data-driven decision making.
This is an entry-level course, so we will start from the very basics and gradually build up the knowledge as we dive deeper into the topics.
About your instructor
I am the founder of Agile Apothecary. Having worked as Agile Coach and Product Owner in Rakuten, Indeed and McKinsey & Company, I had the privilege of being part of Agile transformation across multiple industries and geographies. Over more than 10 years of professional career, I have supported hundreds of teams, coached and trained thousands of people. I am especially passionate about training Product Owners, as this role is critical for the success of the business and is as challenging as it is exciting.
Don't wait, sign up today and let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Product Owners, Product Managers and Business Owners who want to better understand the customers and maximize the business outcomes
- Anyone who is involved in product development and wants to better understand customer research
- Aspiring Product Owners and Agile Coaches who want to learn about the customer research process
- Startup owners who want to build exceptional products loved by customers
Having nearly 10 years of experience as Agile practitioner, Product Owner and Agile coach, I have worked with hundreds of teams to help them become more customer-centric, efficient and outcome-driven.
I used to work for NTT Communications, Rakuten, Indeed and most recently - for McKinsey & Company Japan, driving large scale Agile transformations across multiple industries and locations as an Enterprise Agile Coach. Now I have my own coaching and consulting business, Agile Apothecary (see "website")
I am passionate about teaching and coaching - nothing can be compared with the joy of helping someone to understand a new concept or to improve the way they are doing something.
I live and work in Tokyo, Japan and do a lot of snowboarding and scuba diving in my free time.