Cultural Sustainability Management & Leadership
What you'll learn
- Section 1 - What is Culture ? (main aspects that define local cultures; how cultures relate to time and places; how old cultural values travel in time)
- Section 2 - Cultures & Globalization (local cultures in the global context; influence(s) of globalization on identity; decentralized and polarized cultures)
- Section 3 - Climate Change & Local Cultures (the relationship 'nature-cultures'; impact of climate change on cultures; local cultural wisdom and environment)
- Section 4 - Local Cultures & Tourism (cultural challenges for visited places today; role of local cultures in destination' management; authenticity as a need)
- Section 5 - Culture & Sustainable Development (cultural perspectives of sustainability; inclusion of cultural aspects into sustainability; irrationality today)
- Nothing special required. Come as engaged and as diverse as you are !
Brace yourself for a whirlwind adventure where you'll navigate the delicate balance between cultural heritage and environmental stewardship. From unraveling the secrets of eco-friendly cultural practices to discovering the transformative power of community-driven initiatives, you'll emerge as a sustainability superhero armed with the knowledge to protect our planet and preserve the tapestry of human traditions.
Enrich your cultural skills, cultivate empathy, and foster a profound understanding of the challenges and initiatives surrounding sustainable development.
This course is meticulously designed to empower individuals and organizations alike, equipping them with the tools to navigate the complex intersection of culture and sustainability. By delving into the course material, you will acquire the knowledge and expertise necessary to engage more effectively in the resilience and regeneration of local cultures. You will also develop the ability to inclusively integrate local communities into sustainable initiatives, while comprehensively assessing the cultural risks and impact of your sustainability commitments.
Our course caters to a diverse audience, making it particularly suitable for sustainability professionals seeking to enhance their cultural knowledge and skills when collaborating with local stakeholders. Cultural sector workers will also find value in aligning their work with sustainability challenges, while citizens and local governments can discover how to actively engage in the resilience and regeneration of their community's culture. Furthermore, community engagement specialists can strengthen their expertise in understanding and working with local cultures.
Ultimately, our course is a gateway for anyone eager to deepen their cultural skills, nurture empathy, and adopt the right attitudes in a world undergoing polarization and decentralization. Join us on this transformative voyage, where culture and sustainability intertwine, and become an agent of positive change in the pursuit of a more harmonious and sustainable future.
The course contains:
- 5 pre-recorded learning sessions of 30+ min each (2,8 hours total) on the following topics: What is Culture?; Culture(s) & Globalization; Climate Change & Local Cultures; Local Cultures & Tourism; Culture & Sustainable Development
- subtitles included for each of the learning sessions (English language)
- 5 quizes (one per learning session)
- 4 real-life case studies -found in the resources section of the learning sessions- to practice your knowledge
A certificate can be provided to those completing the course.
Going Further (with extra fee) - for the live sessions and guest speakers mentionned in the introduction - please contact me.
Who this course is for:
- Sustainability experts willing to improve their cultural knowledge and skills when dealing with local stakeholders
- Cultural sector workers willing to relate their work with sustainability challenges
- Everyone willing to deepen cultural skills, empathy, and attitudes
- Citizens and local goverments willing to engage for the resilience and regeneration of the culture of their place and community
- Community engagement specialists willing to strenghten their knowledge and skills on local cultures
French, 32 years old, living between Athens (Greece) and the Pyrenees mountains (France).
Sociologist from Université Paris 1 Panthéon - Sorbonne.
Pioneer consultant in cultural sustainability and Corporate Cultural Sustainability.
Elected as one of the "Top 100 world activists" in 2019 (from IKEA selection).
Cultural sustainability trainer since 2017: my last trainees include local governments (ex: City of Bergen), global companies (ex: Mitsubishi) and citizens.