Cucumber, Selenium & Java -Develop a Framework in 2.5 Hours!
- You should have some basic knowledge of Selenium WebDriver & some basic knowledge of Java.
- Are you an automation tester who wants to add Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) / Cucumber to your Resume?
- Are you someone who has often heard of the phrases Cucumber or BDD… but has the slightest idea what these technologies are?
- If you look at the majority of ‘QA Automation Testing Role(s)’ advertised online, most of them will require you to have knowledge and experience in BDD / Cucumber.
- Conduct some self-research of your own and you will discover that Cucumber (BDD) is in very high demand in today’s market place!
WHY LEARN CUCUMBER BDD?
- Cucumber (BDD) simplifies the requirement capturing process. Requirements can be captured, broken down and simplified effortlessly; making the captured requirements readable to anyone within the organisation and in turn providing the required details and backbone to develop accurate test cases also known as ‘Feature Files’.
- Cucumber (BDD) simplifies the process of developing automation test scripts! Students enrolled within this course will see why!
- Students will learn Cucumber BDD from a beginner’s level all the way to obtaining the knowledge to develop a small compact Cucumber BDD framework(s) of their own.
- Cucumber is one of the BDD frameworks which is in very high demand Search online for many automation testing roles and you will likely see BDD, Cucumber as a mandatory requirement!
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- You will have the ability to shadow the learning process every step of the way.
- This course is structured in a way which will enable anyone with basic knowledge of Java and Selenium WebDriver to create basic to advanced Cucumber test(s) and even gain the ability to develop small compact Cucumber framework(s) from scratch.
- If you have basic knowledge of Java and Selenium WebDriver and wish to further enhance your skills within Cucumber (BDD) and add another skill to your Resume then this course is for you!
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Gain a greater understating of Selenium WebDriver & JAVA.
- Gradually learn and understand Cucumber (BDD) from a basic level all the way to an advanced level.
- What is Gherkin? How can we use Gherkin?
- Understand what exactly are Feature File(s) & how to create Feature File(s).
- Understand what are Step Definition Classe(s) & how to create Step Definition Classe(s).
- Learn how to generate Advanced Report(s) using a RunnerClass.
- Java JDK and Apache Maven setup.
- Become familiar with Eclipse.
- Setup Eclipse the correct way.
- Select and install important add-ons within Eclipse.
- Learn Maven.
- Learn the importance of the Maven POM File.
- Understand the M2 directory.
- How to simplify the update process (Dependencies) of your project.
- Understand Chromedriver, Geckodriver…
- Automation Engineer(s)
- Software Development Engineer(s) in Test.
- QA Engineer(s) / QA Analyst(s) / Manual Tester(s) wanting to learn Automation Testing; BDD / Cucumber.
- Anyone wanting to understand and learn the concepts of Cucumber BDD and Selenium WebDriver.
- Anyone wanting to learn the skills required to develop a Small and Simple Cucumber (BDD) framework(s).
- Automation or Manual Testers wanting to add another skill to their Resume (CV)!
- Course Road Map
- Looking to Build Upon Your Knowledge?
- Java JDK – [Setup]
- Apache Maven – [Setup]
- Eclipse [IDE] – [Setup]
- Eclipse [IDE] – [Setup] – [Resources: IMPORTANT LINK]
- Eclipse [IDE] – [Setup] – [Resources: POM File]
- TestNG Addon for Eclipse – [Setup]
- Cucumber Add-on for Eclipse – [Setup]
- Cucumber Add-on for Eclipse – [Resources: Link]
- Visual Aid Enhancement Tool for Eclipse - [Setup]
- Chrome Driver and Chrome Browser – [Setup]
- How to create a Maven Project
- What exactly is a POM File?
- Dynamic Execution JDK Code and POM File - [Resources: Course Notes]
- Maven Commands you must know!
- Key Components Required to Develop a Cucumber Framework!
- The Real Word Scenario which we will be Testing!
- What is Gherkin? What exactly is a Feature File? - How are they connected?
- Creating our first Feature File
- What are Step Definition Classes?
- Firebug & Firepath - Must have Browser Add-ons!!!!
- Creating our First Step Definition Class
- How can we Integrate Selenium WebDriver?
- WebDriver Setup - Opening our Browser Window!
- WebDriver TearDown - Closing our Browser Window!
- Dynamic Web Element(s) Creation
- Implementing Our Step Method(s) using Selenium Method Libraries
- Adding additional Verification(s) with the use of Assertion(s)
- How can we Generate Report(s)?
- Creating our first Runner Class & Generating Report(s)
- Analysing Generated Report(s)
- Running Test(s) in Firefox and Chrome! - Multiple Browser(s)
- Final Course Code - [Final Project Download]
- Want to Pursue a Career within Automation Testing?
- You Must Practice! Practice! & Practice!! - FREE ACCESS: WebdriverUniversity.com
- IMPORTANT!! - Stuck on the Next Steps to Take??
- Coupon Code - Link
My name is Gianni Bruno and I'm an experienced automation test engineer that has helped countless companies adopt automation testing into their enterprise environments.
I have also spent countless hours learning the ins and outs of automation test engineering and like to keep up to date with the latest automation trends - something that is important in today's rapidly expanding market.
I have been responsible for teaching numerous people/ teams to learn about automation testing. I know what works best so that my students get the very best from my courses.
I’m also the Founder of: QAUNI and WebdriverUniversity two websites that help teach automation test engineering; which is aimed at beginner level to people that are experienced but would like to refresh skills or be informed of the latest technology trends.
Example projects that I have worked on and responsibilities:
- Solely responsible for developing a large framework from scratch to test a wide ranges of websites and user journeys; currently in place within the current organisation which I work for and playing a critical role within the current release process.
- Developed a small and compact framework to scan 100’s of URL’s detecting flaws and exceptions in turn capturing images and generating reports in likelihood exceptions were detected.
- Developed a medium sized framework to conduct continuous monitoring using continuous integration (Jenkins); all relevant parties would be notified via a custom designed emails which includes exception images when problems occur such as particular URL’s, user journeys etc. not functioning accordingly.
- Created a bespoke framework which would read data from external CSV files, this data would then feed into hundreds of automation test cases, comparing values against the system under test and flagging all exceptions and anomalies.
- And much more!
Finally, thank you for taking some time to read my biography. I wish to welcome you to my courses and hope you learn and enjoy the course contents. Remember knowledge is power and always strive to keep learning!