Cucumber BDD Masterclass with Selenium 4 & Java + Framework
What you'll learn
- Learn real world Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) process with Live Example Mapping session
- Learn to develop Readable, Maintainable and Scalable framework using Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver by following Page Object Model design
- Framework optimization techniques - Multiple browser and Environment support, Config Properties, Constants, Enums, Page Factory Manager
- Learn about important Gherkin and Cucumber anti-patterns and different techniques to avoid them
- Master Cucumber fundamentals - Tags, Hooks, Expressions, Cucumber options
- Setup and drive Cucumber scenarios using different runners - JUnit, TestNG and CLI as well as Maven Command Line
- Implement Parallel execution using JUnit, TestNG and CLI
- Use Dependency Injection (DI) framework (Pico Container) for efficient State sharing and Parallel execution
- Learn the complete Gherkin syntax
- Learn how to write better Gherkin by following good practices
- Learn different ways to easily transform Data Tables (6 different shapes)
- How to use custom Parameter types and Data Table types to transform to Domain objects easily
- Seamless integration of APIs using Rest Assured to set the application state [Cookie injection to the browser]
- How to use Domain concept for effective step definition management thereby reducing huge maintenance effort
- Learn how to apply good programming practices like SRP, DRY and apply OOP concepts effectively
- Learn how to auto-trigger automation from Jenkins using GitHub Web Hooks, SCM Polling and Build Frequency
- How to generate and share Cucumber Reports on cloud and how to save the reports forever
- Learn supporting tools like Maven, Github and Jenkins
- Java programming knowledge is not required. I have got you covered with a dedicated section on Java concepts
- No BDD and Cucumber background required. I have explained both from scratch
- Selenium and Rest Assured basic knowledge is good to have
- No other prerequisite required except for dedication and an appetite to learn BDD and Cucumber in the right way
Why learn Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Cucumber?
Cucumber is unarguably the most misunderstood and misused tool out there in the industry. It's not Cucumber's fault. It's rare to find a course online that teach Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Cucumber in a way they are supposed to be used. There are many BDD myths floating around in the industry.
This course strives to bust all these myths and help you learn the real BDD and how to use Cucumber as a collaboration tool to efficiently support it.
Cucumber is very popular in the software industry. More and more companies want to use Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber to improve their Agile process and efficiently run in-sprint automation. BDD can make your Agile process very efficient and productive. It can help you bridge the gap between business and technical folks through collaboration techniques and help you automate the specifications using collaboration tools like Cucumber.
Industry is moving towards shift left and that cannot happen without collaboration from the start. Today it is very rare to find a talent who knows real BDD and who knows how to use Cucumber efficiently to support it.
This course is going to teach you exactly these skills.
After acquiring these skills, you are going to stand out from the crowd and likely to get a job because you will be one of those rarest species who knows the real BDD and Cucumber.
Why learn from this course?
This course is about Cucumber, and only Cucumber and everything else is used to support it. Unlike other courses, this course doesn't treat Cucumber as a side tool. The complete focus is on Cucumber and how to use it to support BDD process.
Only course to teach real world Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber
I have busted many BDD myths in this course, so rest assured, you will learn the right things
My reference point for all concepts are not other online courses or videos (that teach anything but fact), but the Cucumber official documentation and the creators material
You will learn how to use Cucumber efficiently using techniques like Domain concept, Custom Type, Dependency Injection and API integration
You will build a readable, maintainable and scalable framework along with me.
You will execute the code on a dedicated LIVE practice website. You can use this website to practice all your learnings from the course
I explain all concepts in a very simple way with live coding
I use clean code practices like SRP, DRY and apply OOP concepts to keep the amount of code at minimum
I'm VERY RESPONSIVE in the Q&A section. I respond to queries within 24 hours. If the time zone difference is not that huge, I can respond within 3-12 hours.
The course is filled with top notch content with excellent video and audio quality.
This is my fourth course on Udemy.
My first course "Appium Mobile Automation - Android & iOS + Frameworks + CICD" is a #1 Best Seller in the category.
My second course "REST Assured API Automation + Framework: From Zero to Hero!" is the Highest Rated course in the category with a rating of 4.7
My third course "Selenium Java Test Framework & Best Practices - Masterclass" is highly rated with rating of 4.7
These courses have received many 5 star reviews. Most of my students are enrolled into all of these courses.
What you'll learn?
Learn real world Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) process with Live Example Mapping session
Learn to develop Readable, Maintainable and Scalable framework using Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver by following Page Object Model design
Framework optimization tricks - Multiple browser and Environment support, Config Properties, Constants, Enum, Page Factory Manager
Learn about different ways to avoid Gherkin and Cucumber anti-patterns
Master Cucumber fundamentals - Tags, Hooks, Expressions, Cucumber options
Setup and drive Cucumber scenarios using different runners - JUnit, TestNG and CLI as well as Maven Command Line
Implement Parallel execution using JUnit, TestNG and CLI
Effectively use Dependency Injection (DI) framework (Pico Container) for State sharing and Parallel execution
Learn the complete Gherkin syntax
Learn about amazing ways to easily transform Data Tables (6 different shapes)
How to use custom Parameter and Data Table types to transform to Domain objects easily
Seamless integration of APIs using Rest Assured to set the application state [Cookie injection to the browser]
How to use Domain concept for effective step definition management
Learn how to follow good programming practices like SRP, DRY and apply OOP concepts effectively
Learn how to auto-trigger automation from Jenkins using GitHub Web Hooks, SCM Polling and Build Frequency
How to generate and share the Cucumber Reports on cloud and how to save the reports forever
Learn supporting tools like Maven, GitHub and Jenkins
Jackson Data bind API
What else is included in the course?
You can download all the code/notes used in the lectures for offline practice
You will get my full support in the Q&A
Money Back Guarantee
There is no risk to take this course. Udemy has a 30 day money back guarantee. But you won't need it. This is my guarantee.
Who this course is for:
- Teams struggling to apply real BDD and Cucumber in their projects
- Software engineers who are struggling with using Cucumber effectively in their automation
- Software engineers who are looking to build a no nonsense Cucumber automation framework to support BDD
- Anyone looking to become an expert in BDD and Cucumber and drive automation in their project
Hi! I'm Om. I'm a Test Automation Lead who loves automating and testing software.
I've been working in Software Testing and and Test Automation for more than a decade. I love automating stuff and I'm very passionate about spreading knowledge through teaching.
Being a self learner, I know how hard it is to learn something new or to improve on skills, especially in case of test automation where in you will face a lot of challenges in finding a credible, well organized, good quality content online.
My more than a decade of experience in testing has really helped me to create the most relevant content and topics.
My Appium course is the most loved course on this platform and it has received a lot of 5 star reviews from my students.
This is the most rewarding experience and a huge motivation to create more and more courses to offer you the best learning experience possible.
I can't wait to see you inside my courses!