Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Advantage
- Your Desire to Learn about Business and Societal Expectations of same
Introduces the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as it relates to customers, employees, the environment and society at large. It also does a historical treatment of the concept of CSR and explains the sometimes complex relationship between business society by focusing on the Milton Friedman view of CSR; the Archie Carroll and Carnegie views on Corporate Social Responsibility.
Who this course is for:
- Advanced Level Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Students of Ethics; as well as any business practitioner
- 35:37Meaning and Scope of Social Responsibility
- 16:26Stakeholder Management
- 25:06Corporate Social Initiatives and Corporate Cause Promotion
- 10:09Cause Related Marketing
- 15:42Corporate Social Marketing
- 09:20Corporate Philanthropy
- 20:22Community Volunteering
- 24:56Scope of CSR In Emerging Markets
Professor Robert E. Hinson is a leading voice in marketing on the continent of Africa. With over seventy journal and hundreds of miscellaneous publications to his credit. Robert possesses a doctorate in marketing from the University of Ghana and a second in International Business from the Aalborg University in Denmark.
Robert holds Bachelors and MBA Degrees in Marketing from the University of Ghana as well as Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK. With a professional training career that began in 1998 at the Ghana Commercial Bank Training School, Robert worked as an Advertising Agency Executive from 1998 - 2003 and in that time worked on brands such as APC, Acer, Societe Generale, Canon, Daewoo, Dark and Lovely, Golden Tulip, LG, Lone Star Airways (Liberia), Lufthansa, Microsoft, Mercedes Benz, Peugeot and Symantec.
Reobert joined the University of Ghana Business School in February 2003 as a lecturer.