C# Intermediate: Classes, Interfaces and OOP
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Work with classes, constructors, fields, properties, methods and indexers
- Use encapsulation to improve the robustness of the code and reduce the impact of change
- Re-use code using inheritance and composition
- Understand the problems with inheritance and how composition solves these problems
- Change the behaviour of an application by extending its code, rather than changing it
- Develop loosely-coupled, testable and extensible applications using interfaces
- What is class coupling
- What are tightly coupled and loosely coupled applications like
- Three ways to reduce coupling
- What is inheritance
- An example of inheritance in a real-world scenario: building an application like Power Point
- How to represent inheritance using UML
- How to re-use code using inheritance
I'll show you how we can change an application's behaviour without changing its code, simply by using interfaces as extensibility points. I'll also introduce you to the open-closed principle of object-oriented programming.
One of the common misconceptions about interfaces is that they are used for implementing multiple inheritance. This view is fundamentally wrong yet there are many books, videos and posts that make such claim. In this video I'll explain why interfaces got nothing to do with inheritance, single or multiple.
- Basic understanding of C# constructs: variables, type conversion, classes, conditionals and loops
Whether you want to use C# to build web apps, mobile apps, desktop apps or games, understanding C# classes, interfaces and principles of object-oriented programming is crucial.
This course is the second part of Mosh's best-selling C# series and is all about classes, interfaces and object-oriented programming. In essence, you'll learn:
- How to work with classes, constructors, fields, properties, methods and indexers
- How to use encapsulation to reduce the impact of change
- How to improve the robustness of your code
- How to re-use code using inheritance and composition
- Why composition is better than inheritance
- How to build extensible applications using polymorphism
- How to develop loosely-coupled, extensible and testable applications using interfaces
There are lots of free tutorials and videos on YouTube. Why would you want to take this course?
The answer is simple: quality of teaching.
Mosh is a passionate software engineer with over 13 years of experience developing applications in C#. He is the author of several best-selling C# courses on Udemy and knows how to lead you through a series of baby steps in a logical way.
So, from the very beginning to the very end, you'll be confident that you'll be in good hands and watching every minute of the course, unlike the reading many free tutorials and videos, does not waste your precious time.
Each section is equipped with a balanced mix of theory and practice. At the end of each section you'll get exercises to master the concepts you learn in that section.
And one last reason: all videos are produced with high quality video/audio, to provide you the best learning experience.
THE COMPLETE C# PACKAGE
This course is the second part of Mosh's complete C# series on Udemy:
- Part 1: C# Basics for Beginners: Learn C# Fundamentals by Coding
- Part 2: C# Intermediate: Classes, Interfaces and Object-oriented Programming
- Part 3: C# Advanced: Take Your C# Skills to the Next Level
WHAT OTHER STUDENTS WHO HAVE TAKEN THIS COURSE SAY:
"I’ve actually landed my first job as a Junior software developer. I owe a lot of it to you because your courses have been EXTREMELY helpful. May God bless you and your efforts to create high quality courses. This has really changed my life from working as a security guard and doing websites for free, now I am a professional." -Danish Jafri
"Your courses have given me the confidence to get out of my dead end job and apply for a full time coding job. I am very happy to say that I just finished the job interview and they gave me the job!!!" -Dan Farnell
"Outstanding quality! I have come to learn that all Mosh's courses are top notch. This course is no different! The content is beautifully designed, well organized with great examples, and delivered in a clear and concise manner (with great video and audio quality)! I also loved that this course includes exercises. Fantastic stuff!" -Roger Sæle
"Love it! This guy definitely knows what he's talking about. He strives to make his courses as comprehensive as possible and he teaches you several tricks along the way." -Jeb Watson
"As with all of his courses his passion and love for programming is infectious. He does a great job of intermixing theory with hard examples and cautions with practicality. If you learn better by watching and examples then reading and theory this is a must watch to move beyond the learning the syntax of c#." -Michael Paul
"Excellent course! All of Mosh's courses are very much worth taking if you really want to learn C# in a professional way. Not only does Mosh clearly describe the syntax of the language and explain the language concepts, but he also constantly emphasizes the importance of good programming practices" -Tony Zampini
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Mosh (Moshfegh) Hamedani is a passionate software engineer and teacher with 13 years of experience building applications using C# (since the first release of .NET Framework in 2002). Mosh is a full-time developer and what you are going to learn in this course is the result of his day-to-day work as a hardcore programmer along with years of studying,
Mosh's students describe him as a passionate teacher who knows how to take a student on a series of logical steps and enriching them with a great mixed of theory and practice.
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
This course comes with a 30-day full money-back guarantee. Take the course, go through the lectures, do the exercises, and if you're not happy, ask for a refund within 30 days. All your money back, no questions asked.
So do you want to take your C# skills to the next level? Then take this course now and get started!
- Any C# developer who wants to master classes and interfaces
- Any C# programmer who wants to better understand object-oriented programming