Unity C# Programming: Ultimate Guide to Game Scripting 2023
What you'll learn
- Become a professional C# Programmer. No prior Programming experience required!
- Master the Unity Game-Engine
- Create playable 2D-Games with Unity and C#
- Use Physics, Audio and interactive Userinterfaces in your Unity games
- Learn shortcuts and professional workflows for Unity and Visual Studio
- Master the Math for Moving and Rotating Objects in Unity
- Students should install Unity and Visual studio to follow along. There are A LOT OF PRACICE EXERCISES throughout the course with downloadable Exercise-Projects. I want you to follow along!
Start programming professional code for your Games
If you want to create your first Games the Unity - Engine and C# are the right tools for the job. The Unity - Engine is used by many successful Indie and Triple-A Titles and this course is the best way to get a fundamental understanding of Unity and the C# programming language.
Create Games the way you imagine them
Most Hobby-Gamedevelopers struggle with the Programming-Aspect their games and thus are very limited in what mechanics they can implement.
My goal is to unleash your creative freedom by giving you the tools you need to code the games you want to code with Unity and C#.
By the end of this course you will have programmed at least a Console-Game, an Obstacle-Course and a Shoot em up.
I am a devout follower of a practical approach to programming. So this course will be primarily project-based. You won't just learn dry theory and forget everything within a matter of days but instead apply the learned concepts with practical exercises and projects within the Unity - Engine and C#.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Andreas Metz and I have a Master's Degree in Science for educating Computer Science & Psychology. I have been teaching Game-Programming with Unity and C# for more than 10 years now and as a result I have plenty of experience in what works and what doesn't when it comes to learning how to code.
My promise to You
This course will be rather demanding. Programming is no easy topic but if you stick to it and do the exercises and projects yourself you will aquire an excellent understanding of the Unity Game-Engine and have the skills to implement your own 2D-Games.
What is this Unity - C# Course all about?
In this Course you'll not only learn the Essentials of C# and Unity but also how to code with the mindset of a professional Game-Programmer.
This course will cover everything you need to know to start developing your own games with Unity including:
Basics of C# and Console Applications
Functions / Methods
Workflows in Visual Sudio
Unity - Editor - Basics
Setting up Unity Projects
Basic Scripting in Unity
Differences between classical C# development and Unity
Timers & Cooldowns
User Interface (Text, Buttons, HP-Bars...)
Vector-Math for more complex movement
Common Pitfalls in Unity
Professional Workflows for Unity - Programming
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I'll see you in lesson 1!
Who this course is for:
- Complete Beginners. Programming experience is helpful but in no way required.
- Hobby developers who want to create their own game.
- Gamedesigners or Artists who want to get an understanding of Programming so they can finally create their own game.
- People who want to break into the industry and learn professional workflows for the Unity-Engine.
- Experienced Programmers who want to learn how to professionally work with Unity.
Hi, I'm Andreas,
I'm a experienced game-developer with over a decade of expertise in programming education.
I hold a Master of Science in teaching Informatics and Psychology from the University of Vienna. Throughout my career, I have dedicated myself to imparting my knowledge of Unity and C# to students at the university and high school levels. My extensive background in teaching has given me a deep understanding of how to effectively communicate complex programming concepts to students of all levels.
I look forward to seeing you in my courses.