SAP Crystal Reports 2020 (and earlier versions)
What you'll learn
- Have a good knowledge of Crystal Reports, having installed it on your laptop.
- Know about the different types of data sources, and how to create a report from scratch, including grouping, sorting and filtering/selecting.
- Be able to format dates, numbers, text and other fields, insert and format graphics and other objects, and know when and why to insert additional sections.
- Find out why hard-coded figures do not give the best interaction to the end-user, and use parameters to overcome this problem.
- Add all manner of graphs, from bar charts to pie charts, radar charts and more.
- Create subreports and drill-down reports, including using Cross-tab (PivotTables) in these reports.
- Know what types of formulas are available, and how they can be used.
- You just need a positive attitude for this course - nothing else!
- It would be helpful if you had a computer on which you could download the free trial of Crystal Reports, but it is not essential.
"I've recently started a new job and need to use Crystal Reports 2016 which is software I'd not previously used at my old organization. I feel much more comfortable now working out what my predecessor did when putting her reports together, and will be able to more effectively roll-forward and update the previous reports." -- John
"Despite having some empirical experience of CR use, I was at the total beginners' level when starting this course. I can use SAP CR much more consciously now. Especially enjoyed the Formulas section. Thank you, Phillip!" - Julius
"Neatly articulated and presented with full of joy. Felt very good all the way till end with his friendly teaching method. Feel good learning experience. Thank You!" - Parthasarathi
Hello, and welcome to Crystal Reports 2008 to 2020. This course has been completely re-recorded using SAP Crystal Reports 2020
In this course we'll be looking at SAP Crystal Reports, and how to use it.
This course starts right at the beginning, and so is good for absolute beginners, but would also be useful for you if you have previously used it, perhaps viewing reports or making basic reports, and would like to improve your skills.
You don't need to have Crystal Reports on your computer, as first of all we will install a trial version of Crystal Reports for free, so that you can use it on your computer free for 30 days. This way, you can practice with your new skills, experiment with your own data and create your own reports.
This course is separated into 7 levels, each getting progressively more deeper into Crystal Reports. They are:
Creating your first report,
Adding grouping, sorting and filtering, also known as Selecting.
Adding user interaction through parameters,
Graphs and charts,
All of this will be taken at a fairly leisurely pace, so you can really get familiar with the menus and icons.
By the end, you will be able to develop your own reports, and start to explore other people's. And there's a Certificate of Completion available if you complete the course.
Who this course is for:
- You should take this if you want to learn about Crystal Reports 2008, Crystal Reports 2011, Crystal Reports 2013, or the new Crystal Reports 2016
- No prior experience in reporting programs is required, although it would be helpful if you have previously created reports in other reporting tools.
- If you already have some significant experience in Crystal Reports, this introductory course is probably not for you. However, there may be some things, such as subreports and drill-down reports, that you might help you.
Hi. I'm Phillip, and I'm proud to Teach with Udemy as a Udemy Instructor Partner. I have been teaching on Udemy since 2015, and I have over 680,000 students and more than 40 video courses, including over a dozen Bestseller courses.
My courses include Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, Microsoft Office, and more. Many of my courses follow requirements for official Microsoft certifications - so with a bit of practice, you could enter the exam and put it on your CV or resume.
I have been a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. I am one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards. My interests are working with data, including Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL Server, and the Power Platform.
I Do Data is dedicated to creating video courses on Udemy in a variety of computer-related topics, such as SQL in its different dialects and Microsoft Office.
Are you wanting to learn a new skill from the beginning? Or are you wanting to build on an existing skill? In either case, welcome.
Our courses are available on Udemy at any time, so you can watch them whenever you like, as often as you like.
For many of our courses, if you master the skills taught, you are able (if you wish) to take (and hopefully pass) the official certification offered by Microsoft, Tableau or other companies.
That would look good on your CV or resume? It could make the difference between getting a promotion, or a more rewarding job.
I Do Data courses are dedicated to enabling you to succeed.