Cryptocurrency Trading Bot with a User Interface in Python
What you'll learn
- How to Code a trading bot / Automate a trading strategy
- How to Connect to crypto exchange APIs in general
- How to Design a graphical user interface (GUI) in Python
- Improve your Python skills and good practices with a real-world project
- Learn to use a REST and Websocket API
- Basic Python knowledge (know what a class/object is, dictionaries, lists, functions, loops, etc.)
- Basic knowledge about crypto trading (bid/ask price, limit/market order)
Take your trading ideas to code and make them more efficient by automating them like a pro!
This course will guide you through all the steps required to write a program in Python for algorithmic trading, using the best coding practices. It is a perfect example of the "learning by doing" pedagogy: instead of learning only theoretical concepts, you will learn important concepts whilst creating a real trading application, from API connections to trade management.
Keep control over your trading robot with an interface
A trading program can automate your strategy, but that's not all: you can also use it as a trading assistant by building a user interface (UI) that will help you follow your trades and market data. This course will give you an understanding on how to develop a solid Tkinter interface and integrate it with the trading automation part.
Interact with the crypto exchange servers without an intermediary
Many platforms propose to write simplified code to automate your strategy and handle most of the interaction with an exchange API in the background. It doesn't give you the freedom you may need, it prevents you from building very developed programs, and their service- of course- isn't easy on the wallet.
This course will teach you how to interact with an exchange API without an intermediary- giving you control of everything. It will also give you the power to improve your programming knowledge, which you can re-use for other projects.
Learn with the Binance Futures and Bitmex APIs
Binance and Bitmex are two of the most popular crypto exchanges in the world, they provide awesome automation possibilities and are great for beginners. You can then apply what you have learned to your Binance Spot/Margin account or other exchanges.
Both Binance and Bitmex have testing environments, including their API, which is a great way to learn!
Who this course is for:
- Traders wishing to automate their strategies
- Python developers wanting an introduction to trading bots
- Developers wanting an introduction to GUI programming in Python
- Python beginners who want to learn about GUI programming and API connections with a real-world project
- Binance and Bitmex users who want to create their own trading tools
I am a French developer specialized in financial and trading programs.
My background started in trading (top MSc in Financial Markets and work experiences on the trading floor of an Investment bank) and I progressively moved to programming.
My experience in the financial industry allows me to be more than just a developer for my clients, but someone who also understands their needs and adds value to their trading automation projects.
Over the recent years, I have completed more than 200 trading automation projects involving the stock market, as well as projects dealing with crypto trading development.
As of today, I am considered an expert in this field, and I have decided to share this knowledge on Udemy, combining finance and programming.
All my videos have been manually subtitled in English, to make them accessible to everyone.