Cryptocurrency Trading and ICO Investment Masterclass 2020
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will know how to invest in an ICO or Cryptocurrency
- You will understand what ICO and Cryptocurrencies are
- You will know how ICOs evolved and why they are used
- You will know why ICOs exploded in 2017 and what the future looks like
- You will understand the difference between ICOs and traditional fundraising
- You will know what makes a successful ICO
- No prior knowledge required
- An interest in ICOs and Cryptocurrency
- A desire to learn how to trade cryptocurrencies
Are you interested in the growing Cryptocurrency market? Do you want to understand what an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is, and how it works? Do you want to understand how you can start trading tokens and Cryptocurrencies?
In this introductory course, Jonny Fry from TeamBlockchain introduces the growing ICO and Cryptocurrency market. He covers a variety of topics including:
- The history of Cryptocurrencies and how they work
- The rise of BitCoin, Ripple and Ethereum
- Why Cryptocurrencies went big in 2017, and what the future looks like
- What an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is
- Why they are used by businesses to raise capital
- The difference between ICOs and other forms of raising capital such as IPOs and Venture Capital
- How you might launch your own Cryptocurrency
- What makes a successful ICO
- What to look out for with ICOs, and the impacts of regulation
- Other ways which ICOs are being used
- How to invest in Cryptocurrencies
- Risk Adjusted Returns and why funds are piling into Cryptocurrencies
Jonny Fry is a blockchain, crypto economics, ICO and funds specialist, with over 25 years experience as CEO of an asset management business which he floated in London with over £1 Billion under management . His focus has been on the dynamics of financial innovation, advising on ICOs, Tokenomics, Crypto funds,he is a regular speaker and writer on these topics and is co-founder of TeamBlockchain Ltd.
He has extensive knowledge and experience of the financial services sector. looking after private clients and institutions assets managing funds in the UK and overseas. He has first-hand experience of working with the press and managing corporate and reputational risk for a number of organisations.
He has been CEO and on the board of a variety of regulated and unregulated companies in the U.K. and overseas, in a number of different industries and is an advisor for a number of ICOs.
- Anyone who would like to understand how ICOs and cryptocurrencies work
- Anyone who would like to learn how to trade cryptocurrencies
In this lecture Jonny tells you about his background, the launch of his own asset management business and how he got involved in the technology behind blockchain. He talks about how Team Blockchain came about, what Blockchain really is and how it relates to Napster and Bitcoin.
In this lecture Jonny describes how crypto-currencies exploded in 2017 and gives some examples. He explains how Ripple works and how the banks got together to create a universal bank transfer technology.
You may also be asked to give a review after this lecture - we love great reviews, but if you're not enjoying the course so far, please let us know and tell us how we can make it better!
In this lecture Jonny talks about how ICOs are used to raise capital, and compares them to other sources for example:
- Friends and Family
- Bank Loans
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Hedge Funds
- And a new type of asset class - the ICOs
He talks about how ICOs can provide an alternative source of finance compared to traditional routes and why institutional investors are interested in them.
In this lecture Jonny talks about the benefits of ICOs compared to other forms of ownership such as debt and equity. He also mentions why regulators are starting to look more closely at the Cryptocurrency space and why governments are starting to look at the area.
In this lecture Jonny talks about how the US Dollar has fallen in value by 81% since 1971, and what that means for the value of a token. He talks about how the Venezuelan government are launching the 'Petro' coin and how tokens can be backed by tangible assets to reduce volatility.
In this lecture talks about some large companies who are launching ICOs:
- Naga raising €40m
- Kodak's crypto announcement causing the share price to jump by over 200%
- Nostrum, a Spanish restaurant chain which is launching the Meal token
- Glance Technology in North America
- Starbucks "are not yet looking to launch a cryptocurrency"...what does this mean for the future?
In this lecture Jonny gives some examples of things you should watch out for including:
- Owners holding back too many tokens and retention periods
- Stress testing ideas on social media and what can happen
- Knowing which countries where you can buy and sell cryptocurrencies
- Has the business had a financial review
- Has the business had a legal review by a proper firm of lawyers
- The value and risks of a white paper and legal implications
In this lecture Jonny talks about the regulation of cryptocurrencies and why governments are looking more closely at regulating them. He talks about confusion round tax, Know Your Client (KYC), how you can loose money through lock in periods or be liable for capital games on a rising portfolio. He talks about a real example of how the explosion in cryptocurrencies in South Korea can have countrywide impacts.
In this lecture Jonny talks about other ways which ICOs can be used. He mentions how American Airlines loyalty scheme saved them in the quiet years and why your current customers are your most value. ICOs help you change from being a customer hunter to a customer farmer.
He talks about the dangers of contingent liabilities from loyalty schemes and how cryptocurrencies can be used to create loyal customers who will keep buying your products.
In this lecture Jonny talks about the basics of how you can invest and trade in cryptocurrencies. He talks about digital wallets, the difference between hot wallets and cold wallets and what they mean for trading. He talks about exchanges, the opportunities for arbitrage if you move quickly and why 2/3rds of fund managers don't beat the index.
He talks about how funds are likely to move into the cryptocurrency markets and the benefits and risks of a 24/7 exchange compared to Equity markets. He talks about why there is likely to be an increasing amount of AI and automated trading.
In this lecture Jonny gives an overview of where cryptocurrencies and ICOs are likely to go in the future. He explains why central governments are looking at coins and the potential issues of national cryptocurrencies.
In Sweden over 80% of transactions are already cashless, and it's likely that digital currencies are going to form the backbone of future payments.
In this lecture Jonny talks about where you can find more information on ICOs and Cryptocurrencies. He explains how the market can be manipulated, and why you need to watch out for "pump and dump". Buyer beware!
Some links for more information:
Jonny's medium blog: https://medium.com/@jonnyfry175
Jonny on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jonnyfry175?lang=en
Team Blockchain: http://www.teamblockchain.net/
The Expert Academy blog: https://theexpertacademy.com/blog