Crowdfunding for Changemakers
What you'll learn
- Understand the reason most campaigns fail and what you can do to succeed;
- Set a realistic financial target, and understand what you'll need to do to reach it;
- Design rewards relevant to your project and likely to excite your community;
- Identify the different stories contained in your campaign and how to focus the right story to the right audience;
- launch a successful crowdfunding campaign to raise the funds you need to make a difference!
- This course is for all levels. If you have no idea what crowdfunding is, we'll bring you up to speed pretty quickly. And if you've already done a bunch of homework I'm sure you'll still find value in our deep dive into storytelling and targeting.
If you are planning or interested in using crowdfunding to fuel a non-profit, social enterprise, community project or cause, this is the course for you!
Brought to you by the social impact crowdfunding experts at StartSomeGood, this course will cover everything you need to know to design and launch a successful crowdfunding campaign. We have worked with thousands of projects and have one of the best success rates in the industry, so we know what works.
This course is based off the in-person masterclasses we've been teaching for a couple of years. People love the masterclass and we love teaching it but we wanted to offer it to more people, so here we are! This is our masterclass content, only extended, enhanced and available to you wherever you are, via computer, mobile or tablet, whenever you're ready.
There's 3 hours of video content broken up into 16 sections, each accompanied by additional written content, worksheets, templates and exercises.
We will also be here to answer your questions as you go. Our goal is that by the time you finish this course you have a crowdfunding campaign designed and ready to go, with a great story, fun rewards, realistic goals and an effective outreach plan.
So whether you're a social entrepreneur, working at an NGO or non-profit, a community activist or simply curious about how to raise funds through online campaigning, you'll love this course.
Together we can change the world. Let's do it!
What others have said about this course:
“Your presentation was truly inspiring, I could have listened to you all day.”
"Thanks for the crowdfunding workshop. I've been to a number of panel talks on crowdfunding and none were as cohesive and generous as this one."
"I feel I have enough knowledge to confidently start my own campaign and I feel very lucky to be able to attend sessions like this!"
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for those who want to crowdfund for a non-profit, social enterprise, community project or cause. Our specialty is helping mission-driven crowdfunding campaigns succeed and that's what we'll be teaching here.
- That said, you'll find a lot that's useful and relevant even if you're doing personal or business crowdfunding. Our focus and passion though is helping changemakers so if you want to use crowdfunding to change the world we'd love to work with you!
StartSomeGood is a boutique, curated crowdfunding platform for worldchanging projects. We've been going since 2011 and have worked with thousands of projects from 35 countries since then. We have a campaign success rate of 53%, one of the highest in the industry (KS is 31% and IGG 13%) so we know what works and what doesn't!
This course features video content of our founder and CEO Tom Dawkins presenting and is managed by our Support Team, who will be around to answer your questions and guide you through the course.