Airplane Crosswind Landings
- Students should have a basic understanding of the parts and controls of a small aircraft (elevator, ailerons, rudder, etc)
This course is laid out in three parts, Text, Video, and Quiz.
You will read about how to make proper approaches and landings with crosswinds, then watch a short video inside of each section, At the end of the three sections, you will watch a slightly longer video putting it all together, then take a short quiz. The videos not only shows how to use the controls to maneuver the aircraft, but also talks you through how to properly plan out your approach and landing, as well as getting set up for takeoff. The approximate course time is 30-45mins.
- Anyone who ever wondered how airplanes can land with the wind blowing sideways. Perfect for student pilots.
- Intro To Crosswind Landings01:34
- Putting It All Together13:55
- Crosswind Landings18 questions
As a flight instructor and ground instructor, I have worked with students ranging from 15 years old to 80 years old, from all walks of life. The one common thing we share is a love for aviation. In seeing what most students struggle most with, I have been able to put together short online courses that encompass all types of learning types to best prepare students with ground knowledge to ensure they succeed in the airplane.