Managing People From Different Cultures in Export Business
What you'll learn
- Understanding of cultural differences in the world
- Understanding of the differences in preferred leadership styles across countries
- Understanding of the differences in management styles in different countries
- What are the different tools and techniques for understanding the culture of different countries
- How to compare the cultures of different countries using easy tools
- How to manage international business in a multicultural environment
- How to manage the cultural integration of two merged companies from different countries
- A general knowledge of international business and business management will be helpful
- Have some international exposure
How do you deal with business persons with different cultural backgrounds globally? Do you know the cost of failure of cross-cultural awareness and lack of cross-cultural competence? For example, the cost for the failure of cultural integration of Upjohn Pharmaceutical Company of USA to integrate the newly acquired company (in 1995), Pharmacia of Sweden was close to $1 Bn. It was almost $300 Million above expected costs. Despite such huge costs, the company disintegrated. And it vanished from the world market within a decade of the merger. No doubt, it happened because the UpJohn Managers failed to understand the impact of cultural differences and how to manage these differences.
When handled properly world cultural diversity can be converted into key success factors of a business. Therefore effective global business management requires knowledgeable and culturally competent cross-cultural management professionals.
In order to prepare competent cross-cultural managers, this course titled - Dealing with People of different World Cultures in Exports is offered. It is a VJ Exports Mastery Series Course. This course is the first such course in the world on the online platform which boasts of super simple ideas, models, and theories. And these resources can significantly improve the cultural awareness and cultural competency of the entire workforce of your global business organization. In addition, the course provides invaluable tools, tips, and techniques, required for conquering the business world. Because this world has multicultural differences, unique beliefs, norms, values, and practical cultural training.
The broad topics covered in this Dealing with People of Different World Cultures in Exports course include
1. Understanding World Cultures
2. Understanding Management Styles in Different countries
3. Understanding different leadership styles preferred in different countries.
4. Basic cross-cultural differences models and tools to understand cultural differences, like
Cultural adaptation model, etc.
5. Basic cross-cultural management theories
6. Building intercultural competence
7. Effective Cross-Cultural Communication
8. Jungle theory of cross-cultural management
9. CFC theory of Cross-cultural Management
10 Role of cognitive diversity in organizations
11. Building culturally sensitive ethical corporate culture
12. Diversity management tips and techniques
13. Dealing with persons of different national backgrounds
14. Concepts of cultural shock and cultural stress
15. LMX theory of world leadership
16. Culturally endorsed implicit leadership theory (CLT) of world cultures
Course Related Keywords
Diversity at workplaces
Understanding cultural differences
Udemy cross-cultural management made easy
Case Studies Included in this Cross-Cultural Management made easy course include
1. Merger of Pharmacia of Sweden with Upjohn of USA
2. Failure of Vodafone in Japan
3. Exports of Tuna from India to Japan
About the instructor
Dr. Vijesh Jain, instructor of this course is a Harvard University, BITS, IIFT, BIMTECH, University of Mysore alumnus. He has more than 30 years of global industry, research, and training experience with global companies in different countries. Also, he has written several books on cross-cultural management and international business. Incredibly, his research papers in international journals and research platforms, international conferences have been consistently appreciated and quoted in research worldwide. In addition, he has dealt with more than 28 countries with 100's overseas clients. Therefore, Dr. Jain has practical cross-cultural management experience. Appreciably, he has also worked as the Director in reputed B Schools, at different places.
Who this course is for:
- Any international business management student at graduate or higher level
- Global business managers
- International business practitioners
- Business owners
- Exporters and importers of all types
- People working in a multicultural environment
- Global Digital Marketers
With 256K + students enrollments on UDEMY, a BITS, Pilani, and IIFT, New Delhi (first batch of MBA program of IIFT) graduate, and a Ph.D. from BIMTECH (Affiliation- University of Mysore). First-ever Certified Global Business Professional from India, cert. by NASBITE, USA, and the first-ever recipient of Dr. Jagdish N. Sheth Award for best Ph.D. research, conferred by BIMTECH, Delhi NCR. Also authored two books in the areas of Export Import Documentation and Cross-Cultural Management. Recently completed two online certified courses related to entrepreneurship in emerging economies and technology entrepreneurship from Harvard University, USA
As a freelancer, I am passionately working to create an online e-Learning interface as an art form making it more effective than classroom teaching. My current passions include curriculum development, content development, online lectures, academic interface, and digital education products development.
In the past, worked as Director - Academics at Unitedworld School of Business, Ahmadabad and was earlier Professor with ITS, Gzb, India. I have worked as Associate Professor and Dean - Academics with IILM Business School, Gurgaon / Jaipur.
In the past, I have conducted several MDPs for companies like J.K. Papers Ltd., Syscom Morpho Corporation, Maruti Suzuki Ltd., Ranbaxy, etc. Associated with NIESBUD, CII, PHD chamber, and others as a resource person for corporate training in the areas of IB. My teaching interests include areas like - Geopolitical Environment for Business, International Business Strategy, Cross-Cultural Management, International Trade Procedures, and Documentation, International payment systems, Digital and Social Media Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and family business.