Do you know the cost of failure of cross-cultural awareness and lack of cross-cultural competence? For example, the cost for the failure of cultural integration of Upjohn Pharmaceutical Company of USA to integrate the newly acquired company (in 1995), Pharmacia of Sweden was close to $1 Bn. It was almost $300 Million above expected costs. Despite such huge costs, the company disintegrated. And it vanished from the world market within a decade of the merger. No doubt, it happened because the UpJohn Managers failed to understand the impact of cultural differences and how to manage them.
When handled properly world cultural diversity can be converted into key success factors of a business. Therefore effective global business management requires knowledgeable and culturally competent cross-cultural management professionals.
In order to prepare competent cross-cultural managers, this course Cross-Cultural Management Made Easy is offered. It is a VJ Exports Mastery Series Course. This course is the first such course in the world on the online platform which boasts of super simple ideas, models, and theories. And these resources can significantly improve the cultural awareness and cultural competency of the entire workforce of your global business organization. In addition, the course provides invaluable tools, tips, and techniques, required for conquering the business world. Because this world has multicultural differences, unique beliefs, norms, and values.
The broad topics covered in this Cross-Cultural Management Made Easy course include
1. Understanding World Cultures
2. Understanding Management Styles in Different countries
3. Understanding different leadership styles preferred in different countries.
4. Basic cross-cultural differences models and tools to understand cultural differences, like
5. Basic cross-cultural management theories
6. Building intercultural competence
7. Effective Cross-Cultural Communication
8. Jungle theory of cross-cultural management
9. CFC theory of Cross-cultural Management
10 Role of cognitive diversity in organizations
11. Building culturally sensitive ethical corporate culture
12. Diversity management tips and techniques
13. Dealing with persons of different national backgrounds
14. Concepts of cultural shock and cultural stress
15. LMX theory of world leadership
16. Culturally endorsed implicit leadership theory (CLT) of world cultures
Case Studies Included in this Cross-Cultural Management made easy course include
1. Merger of Pharmacia of Sweden with Upjohn of USA
2. Failure of Vodafone in Japan
3. Exports of Tuna from India to Japan
About the instructor
Dr. Vijesh Jain, instructor of this course is a Harvard University, BITS, IIFT, BIMTECH, University of Mysore alumnus. He has more than 30 years of global industry, research, and training experience with global companies in different countries. Also, he has written several books on cross-cultural management and international business. Incredibly, his research papers in international journals and research platforms, international conferences have been consistently appreciated and quoted in research worldwide. In addition, he has dealt with more than 28 countries with 100's overseas clients. Therefore, Dr. Jain has practical cross-cultural management experience. Appreciably, he has also worked as the Director in reputed B Schools, at different places.