Crop Production and Management - An Overview
- No skills, experience or tools required. You will learn a lot about crop production and management.
1. Where do animals get their food from?
2. Why do we have to eat food?
3. Since we all need food, how can we provide food to a large number of people in our country?
4. What is the meaning of Crop?
5. Classify the crops on the basis of season.
6. What do you mean by Kharif crops? Give examples.
7. What is the meaning of Rabi crops? Give two examples.
8. What is the meaning of agricultural practices?
9. What is the benefit of loosening of soil?
10. What is ploughing?
11. What is meant by preparation of soil?
12. What is the meaning of sowing?
13. Why do farmers have to add manure and fertilisers to the soil?
14. What is the meaning of crop rotation?
15. What is the difference between Fertiliser and Manure?
16. What is meant by irrigation?
17. The frequency of watering is higher in summer. Why?
18. What is Sprinkler System and Drip System of irrigation?
19. What is meant by weeding?
20. Do weedicides have any effect on the person handling the weedicide sprayer?
21. Why is weeding necessary?
22. What is meant by harvesting?
23. What is the meaning of threshing?
24. What is meant by winnowing?
25. What is meant by granaries and silos?
26. Name the leaves which are used for storing food grains at home.
27. What is meant by animal husbandry?
28. How are manures prepared by the farmers?
29. How excessive irrigation is harmful to the crops?
30. Why should we grow seeds in moist soil?
31. Why is it necessary to sow seeds at appropriate depth and distance?
32. What is Humus?
33. What are organic foods?
34. Why organic food is expensive?
35. Why organic farms take more time to produce crops?
36. Despite favourable climatic conditions, a farmer’s crop failed to give good yield. Give the possible reasons for this.
37. You may have seen grains kept on the terrace. Can you suggest a reason? Or
Why is it necessary to dry grains before storing them?
38. Leguminous plants do not require nitrogenous fertilisers. Why?
Who this course is for:
- Students who are interested to learn about crop production and management.
This channel is purely education based. Our aim is to ensure that the students are able to understand each and every question in an easy way. We take pride in providing quality educational services to the students of Class VII to Class XI Science NCERT ,English, Computer solutions & Business Studies. Our goal is to help the leaders of tomorrow to learn to succeed today.