Crochet Basics - Learn to Crochet Within a Week!
What you'll learn
- crochet, even if you have never done it before
- make simple items such as a heart, granny square, triangle, filet blocks, circle, flower and a spiral shell
- reading the crochet charts, and understanding the signs
- get a yarn, preferably not too thin (2-3 mm thick)
- get the right crochet hook for the yarn you have chosen - ask the shops advice, or you can see the suggestion on the yarns label as well
- darning needle - not necessary in the beginning
This course is designed for those, who knows nothing about crochet, and would like to learn it, and for those, who knew some crochet stitches before, and would like to refresh and expand their knowledge.
Besides of the basic crochet stitches, I also teach the chart signs, and how to read them.
The terminology is in British English, but I mention the US terms frequently, and I provide a dictionary as well.
In the beginning I talk a little about crochet in general, after that, I teach the basic and necessary techniques and stitches such as
* Chain Stitches
* Double Crochet
* Treble Crochet and more...
Further more I teach some rear tricks as well, such as the Foundation Single Crochet - this is when you do the chain foundation, and the first row of crochet stitches simultaneously together at the same time! If you have never heard of FSC, or you do not know how to do it, do not miss this section out! You will definitely love it!!
In the second half of the course, using the learned techniques, we will do some simple items, such as:
* Filet Blocks
* Granny Square
* Flower with Five Petals
* Spiral Shell
By learning these fairly simple items, you will be able to do more complex and complicated crochet patterns as well.
Recently I have added and extra lesson in the end within the BONUS segment: Crochet Tiny Flowers
In this lecture I show you how to make really small flowers, what you can sew on clothes, can be attached to a hairband into your children's or grandchildren's hair, or use them as home decoration. This lesson is not part of any of my available courses, so it is especially just for you ;)
If you want to feel proud of yourself, you would like to impress your family and friends with your beautiful creations, and do not want to invest in a lot of accessories, try crochet. You need only a yarn, a hook and a pair of scissors, and you can crochet anywhere and anytime. This is a great way to reduce stress, and to set your imagination free.
Who this course is for:
- absolute beginners
- those, who has learned to crochet before, but would like to refresh their knowledge
- those who knows how to crochet, but want to be more explicit in their knowledge
I am an e-learning, marketing and business specialist, and also a scuba diving instructor. I have learned to crochet from my mum in early ages, and have kept on learning and practising it since. In crochet there is no limit, and you can basically do it anywhere, since for crochet you need very few components. I keep on learning new techniques and I am very happy to share this really enjoyable handicraft with others.