Crisis Communications Masterclass - 1: Speed and Clarity
What you'll learn
- Develop an understanding of what risk is and how to calculate it
- Learn how to create a plan and why it's important to do so as early as possible
- Understand what role simulation and rehearsal have in your media strategy
- Get a handle on how to act fast and decisively
- Gain the skills that enable you to take ownership of the media narrative
- Become able to identify who in your organisation should occupy what role during a crisis
- This is the first part of an in depth masterclass in crisis communications, you need no prior knowledge to benefit from this material
We at BlackRook Media are offering the most in depth and detailed Crisis Communications Masterclass on Udemy.
We've focused our teachings into 5 specific areas that together make for a family of modules, providing a truly all encompassing understanding of how to handle a crisis and communicate with the media. Each of our 5 modules available here offer a combined duration of more than 7 hours, and present an unrivalled volume of content.
Your course leaders are Alan Rook and Mark Southgate who boast a combined 70 years of experience in the media industry. They are career journalists and media coaches who've held senior positions with a number of major organisations, including ITV and other international broadcasters. Their consultancy work has continued at pace throughout the pandemic. All of the material they deliver is grounded in real world experience and expertise.
This first 90 minute module in BlackRook Media's Crisis Communications Masterclass offers an in depth look at the importance of speed and clarity when dealing with the media.
Get expert insight into the following key stages of anticipating a crisis:
The Risk - get to grips with where it lays and what form it might take.
The Plan - realise the importance of anticipating future problems and coming up with a strong strategy.
Rehearsal - understand how to simulate your response and why that's so vital.
Speed - we'll teach you why you need to communicate fast and gain control of the narrative.
Communication - why you need to know who in your organisation will do what in a crisis.
We present a vast array of good and bad real world examples, which provides the ultimate context for every principle we outline.
You, the student, will be provided with regular recaps so you can take stock as you learn with us.
You'll hear from expert guests from the world of media and communications who have decades of experience and offer you their insights on the topics we cover.
Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?
BlackRook's courses are unique because our team works hard to:
Pre-script all content
Speak to guest experts for added value
Work with real-life examples
Provide easy to understand and complete explanations
Pay attention to the visual presentation of the content we deliver
Be there for you and provide support whenever necessary
If you recognise the value in this first module, please check out the other parts of our Crisis Communications Masterclass; we also cover Tone and Language, Owning the Agenda, Going on the Record and Closing It Down.
Who this course is for:
- Business leaders, spokespeople, communications professionals and those at the very beginning of their career who might now, or one day, have to deal with a crisis. We've designed all of our modules across this masterclass series around our own hands-on professional journalism and communications experience spanning decades. We believe what's offered here provides perspectives and specific learnings useful even to those who have a working knowledge and some experience of public relations and dealings with the media.
We’re broadcast and production experts. Our teams are specialists in making television programmes and in producing online content.
We coach corporate clients and journalists in all aspects of media and production
We advise on communications and social media strategy
We produce video content and live TV shows
We launch broadcast and online channels
We’re headhunters – building teams
We make adverts and branded content
We provide production support at events
Our leadership team is made up of former ITV and BBC executives with senior and current hands-on journalism, public relations and digital expertise.